News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Aluminum Pot?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, February 25, 2020, 09:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamo

coyote1

I don't have an absolute favorite. The 3 I like best are: Enticer silver thunder Corian pot, Paul Hicks stoned aluminum paduak pot and lights out canary wood/black anodized and yellow heart/green anodized.

tracker#1

Tom007

Two favorites, Schaefer Atomic 13 and believe it or not, Lohman Thunderdome Aluminum with a Cody Carbon Striker. Weird combo. But really works...Good luck....

Jfowler82

Lonzo anodized aluminum in acrylic

StruttinGobbler3

I'm surprised that not a single person has mention the Dawkins stoned aluminum in the plastic pot. That call used to be wildly popular on this board. I've never tried one myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Bowguy

Schafer atomic 13, Mac, Dustin Jones or Dawkins in the wooden pot. Awesome calls.

Chuck1443

Lonnie mabry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paboxcall

All awesome pots mentioned, but in my vest its an old Dick Kirby's Quaker Boy aluminator in a black plastic pot. Picked it up years ago in a clearance bin for $5. Super easy to control and great tone. Only production call I carry, and often strikes a gobble on those quiet days.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Big Jeremy

I've had a few over the years. My favorite is a Matt Van Cise High Class Calls anodized...not sure of the wood. Bought it used, and it's fantastic! A very close second is Lights Out anodized in canary wood. Once used the bottom of a coke can that I found in the woods...would work in a pinch, but not the best sound quality.

mudhen

My favorite is a sleeper call, Medina Calls Wind Talker...

Also like Light's Out in alum...
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

jblackburn

Gooserbat's High Standard is one of the best aluminum calls I've ever ran
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

stinkpickle

OHturkey85

Jimmy Schaffer aluminum over aluminum in a sapele pot

Caspar

My favorite aluminum is a toss up between a Dawkins in the plastic pot and Travis Wyatts green aluminum in a cherry pot.