turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Spent shells

Started by THattaway, February 28, 2019, 10:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuppednlocked

Every time I see them I am in awe of your artistic abilities.  You should post your other project!

Ozarks Hillbilly

Those are really cool. You have a lot of talent.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

THattaway

Quote from: cuppednlocked on February 28, 2019, 07:33:47 PM
Every time I see them I am in awe of your artistic abimiiies.  You should post your other project!
Which one? Sorry, not sure what you are referring to.

Thanks all. Those are straight up fired shells and the turkey is cut from the plastic with a little ink thrown in for shadows and details. Just sort of happen but I do use photos for reference to keep anatomy and proportions as close as possible.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

You have a talent, those are nice.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

SteelerFan

Pretty awesome! If you fiqured a way to flip it, with the brass on top of the bird - that would make a really unique beard holder!

BD

Very cool.  How long do they take as that should drive price? My shell that killed a bird and the bird crafted as I last saw him....Easily $50

Wigsplitter

That is really cool!! Great craftsmanship there !

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Clark8907

Thata awesome. One would look awesome on my bar in the mancave.

Turkeytider

That is extremely ????! You take orders yet?

GobbleNut

I rarely see unique stuff such that I am overly impressed with it, but that is definitely one of the ones that is truly clever and impressive.  What an imaginative idea!  Great work, buddy!  You have come up with an idea that would be a great "cottage industry".  You will probably have more requests than you can handle!

cuppednlocked

Quote from: THattaway on February 28, 2019, 08:45:19 PM

Which one? Sorry, not sure what you are referring to.

The decoy or the cardboard cut outs.  Take your pick!

deerhunt1988

Now that is pretty dang cool! I'd like to have one to add to my 'all things turkey' collection.

notsure

I like it. But then again, I always love "repurposed" stuff!

appalachianstruttstopper

Yet again you never cease to amaze me. Great work and great vision for out of the box thinking. People like you definitely have a special gift of invision.