turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Poll: What's your sighting preference?

Started by valerio024, February 16, 2019, 10:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRD

I had always used a bead until last year.  I put a red dot on my son's gun a few years ago and liked it.  Last year, I put a FF3 on mine and love it.

I wouldn't want rifle sites or a scope because of limiting the ability to make a quick instinctive follow up shot.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: LRD on February 19, 2019, 03:01:50 PM
I had always used a bead until last year.  I put a red dot on my son's gun a few years ago and liked it.  Last year, I put a FF3 on mine and love it.

I wouldn't want rifle sites or a scope because of limiting the ability to make a quick instinctive follow up shot.

I get what you are saying , but you are not limited with a scope. In actuality I have not had to do follow ups in a very very long time thanks to a scope. The turkey scopes even help range your bird if you use it correctly. No downside in a scope or red dot IMHO.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

g8rvet

Killed a bunch of birds with A-my 26" 870 12 gauge.  It was dead on with three different chokes for three different loads I used in it.  Just no reason to make it complicated.

Now shoot a ghost ring (B) on my SA450 and so far it has not let me down.

I did shoot a red dot (C) for a couple of years on my Benelli Nova because the POA was a PIA.  I gave that gun away to a guy that lost all his guns in a house fire.  I recommended he sell it and get a different gun if he ever wanted to use it for turkeys. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

dayna105

C   on the 12ga 1300

D   on the 12ga 870 and the 20ga SA-459

Old eyes need all the help I can give them.

cwb04

B.

Next gun will have a Burris Fast Fire or similar. 

ugaDAWGS09

I may add a sight to my gun but would want something easy to take on/off and re-sight in since I use my gun to shoot skeet often.  Which would you recommend?

Kdad

I switched to a FFIII last year and really like it!

tha bugman

bigbird

CT Spur Collector

Had a Bushnell 1.75/4. Removed it this year, trying the Sig Sauer Romeo. It will clip on and off the rail if you're looking for that option.

J.D. Shellnut

60% of the time it works every time!

Gen.27:3

D for me, I prefer a scope as it keeps me from lifting my head and shooting high. Also, you can adjust your poi to be perfect. Lastly, a scope does not need batteries like a red dot
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

haystaddle

valerio024

Thanks for all the feedback guys.  Here's the compiled results so far.  People seem to favor red dot/reflex sights but everything else was pretty much equal.

A. Bead   14
B. Rifle Sights   15
C. Red dot/Reflex   28
D. Scope   14