OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Poll: What's your sighting preference?

Started by valerio024, February 16, 2019, 10:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compton30

ugaDAWGS09

Just ordered B to fix my POI, wanted a Burris FF3 but didnt want to drill/tap my new gun.

SOCOM304

Greg Massey

2 scopes and one red dot... scopes is my preference

greencop01

We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

7shooter

Strutr

roverboy

I just use the  factory dual bead setup. No problems for about 18 years and about 25 birds have took a quick nap.
Listen for the gobble

mtns2hunt

Rifle sights on one and a scope on another - both work well but with the tighter patterns the scope is beginning to work out better.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Big Jeremy

Updating my previous post... My new loads are just a tad bit off, and the hi-viz rifle sights that I have, though they are made to adjust, will not. I've done everything to try and rectify it, as have a couple of others. They just won't do it. I can adjust windage, but not elevation. So, I bought a Vortex Spitfire. I have an astigmatism, and red dots can get washed out and streaky/blurry in some lighting, regardless of whether I am inside or outside. The prismatic sight helps this. Another thing that I like about it is that the sighting is etched into the glass, so even if I don't have the red or green illumination turned on, it's still there. It's a little bulkier than I am used to, or have ever used, but I already like it and I think I am going to like it a lot once I get more accustomed to it.

I'd consider it a hybrid C/D since it has etched glass not requiring it to be powered by the battery.

The Southpaw

I prefer a fastfire 3, the but venoms are very nice as well.

jblackburn

B. love my Williams Fire Sights on the 870
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Rzrbac

Went a scope a couple of years ago. For most of my turkey hunting it was a bead or some type of fiber optic sights. So far it hasn't been a hard adjustment as I've shot scopes on deer rifles for 30 years.

THattaway

Have used them all, have guns with each but a gun that shoots beads is harder for me to mess up or have problems with and what I prefer.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles