turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Camo Preference!!

Started by Wrangler95, February 06, 2019, 10:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrangler95

Gonna  buy some Bottomland pants and shirt,which do you all prefer,Greenleaf or just plain Bottomland?
Thinking about greenleaf so I could use it before and after the green up and also in archery deer season!!What would you choose? :thanks:
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

PSEoutlaw07

I can solve your dilemma...buy 2 shirt!! Greenleaf and plain ol Original bottomland! Just wear bottomland pants all year and then just change shirts after green up..I personally think bottomland pants and greenleaf shirt mix match looks good

dejake

Whatever's on sale.  I like greenish pants and grey/brown top.  Sitting, legs drawn up, green pants are more realistic.

LaLongbeard

I've always been a fan of the Greenleaf, the old school Greenleaf. The new released stuff is ok if you can find it on quality material, but most of the new stuff is made in China.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Turkz39

My favorite is the old school mossy oak shadow leaf

Spitten and drummen

I have both. Love the original . I wear bottomland early and green leaf later. To be honest both work exceptionally well. Either will take you from start to end of season very well.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

trkehunr93

I look like a camo discount bin when I hunt, whatever I have found thats good quality on sale is what I use.  I've never had the turkey fashion police critique me yet, but maybe they were and I pulled the trigger before they could provide some advice.   ;)

hootgobbleyelpgobble

I start with bottomland early season and switch to greenleaf as the woods green up. I wait until the Mossy Oak store runs a sale on the Tibbee II and grab a couple of items them. I think they are on sale now for $20.

Bowguy

Camo is not as critical as guys think. Least not the type especially for turkey.
Lay a few dif outfits out where turkeys frequent. They'll walk right up to it.
If you put a blind up, not even matching cover and the same day birds walk right up to it. 
I'll post pic it again. Says it all.
I've kee keed in birds twice wearing a red wool rich jacket in the open in the fall to bow range. Only using a mouth as a whistle as well. Don't overthink it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trkehunr93

Quote from: Bowguy on February 06, 2019, 12:55:45 PM
Camo is not as critical as guys think. Least not the type especially for turkey.
If you put a blind up, not even matching cover and the same day birds walk right up to it. 
I've kee keed in birds twice wearing a red wool rich jacket in the open in the fall to bow range. Only using a mouth as a whistle as well. Don't overthink it.

Very true, he also hunted turkeys in an old brown hunting jacket with no face mask or gloves and a shiny shotgun.

Bowguy

Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 06, 2019, 12:59:35 PM

Very true, he also hunted turkeys in an old brown hunting jacket with no face mask or gloves and a shiny shotgun.
My daughters didn't put on face masks. I'm not recommending that I'm just saying a little off pattern is really no sweat

LaLongbeard

I've said it before deer are a lot easier to hide from than Turkeys.Especially if you don't use decoys. When a gobbler finally decides to go look for the hen that's been answering but won't come to him they are absolutely scrutinizing every inch as they approach. If they see the hen or decoy there attention is somewhat focused on the hen. Ive had Gobblers and hens walk by close while deer hunting I had not called or made any movement so they walked on by just like I was not there, when you call you have caused the turkey to focus on that area, different situation. Ive had Gobblers spook at close range  when I was completely camouflaged and motionless, they saw or thought they saw something and that was it. I agree camo is not mandatory but it does help and can make the difference in certain situations.

Also you might want to use another pic of Ol Fred Bear in your camo not nessecary posts. He's wearing a camo jacket in the pic kinda contradicts the statement lol
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

trkehunr93

Quote from: Bowguy on February 06, 2019, 01:07:01 PM
Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 06, 2019, 12:59:35 PM

I was just adding to your point that way back when, hunters were pretty successful with ALOT less than what we use today, and a ALOT less turkeys to boot. 

My daughters didn't put on face masks. I'm not recommending that I'm just saying a little off pattern is really no sweat

tha bugman

Either one will be a fine choice