OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Camo Preference!!

Started by Wrangler95, February 06, 2019, 10:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

New bottomland would be my choice.

shatcher

Any turkeys in Louisiana? Lol

Bowguy

Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 06, 2019, 01:17:54 PM
I've said it before deer are a lot easier to hide from than Turkeys.Especially if you don't use decoys. When a gobbler finally decides to go look for the hen that's been answering but won't come to him they are absolutely scrutinizing every inch as they approach. If they see the hen or decoy there attention is somewhat focused on the hen. Ive had Gobblers and hens walk by close while deer hunting I had not called or made any movement so they walked on by just like I was not there, when you call you have caused the turkey to focus on that area, different situation. Ive had Gobblers spook at close range  when I was completely camouflaged and motionless, they saw or thought they saw something and that was it. I agree camo is not mandatory but it does help and can make the difference in certain situations.

Also you might want to use another pic of Ol Fred Bear in your camo not nessecary posts. He's wearing a camo jacket in the pic kinda contradicts the statement lol
Well in all honesty ya musta moved something. Lay your suit out near the birds and see if the birds spook. They won't. But you can believe what you like.
Now Fred bear most often is seen wearing a camo jacket. That actually wasn't the point. The point was sitting still is more important than an exact certain camo pattern. If you think one is markedly better than another you're entitled to your difference.
Now the deer turkey difference I much disagree on as well. How many times have you had birds at 5 yards feeding or walking by? Deer never get that close. I believe the difference is turkeys have zero curiosity and skedaddle instantly where deer stand by n stomp a bit.
Least by me. Maybe they're dif where you hunt. Must be your camo not matching lol. Only a joke brother

BennieGobbler

Motion Free is best Camo!!
Print by Madison, on Flickr

Spitten and drummen

I dont think the poster was trying to get a response about using camo or not. He simply asked for preference. Its true being still is the most effective but he asked about opinions between the 2 patterns
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

SD_smith

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 06, 2019, 05:15:28 PM
I dont think the poster was trying to get a response about using camo or not. He simply asked for preference. Its true being still is the most effective but he asked about opinions between the 2 patterns

This happens to every single post on here.

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Bowguy on February 06, 2019, 03:57:50 PM

How many times have you had birds at 5 yards feeding or walking by? Deer never get that close.

Because they smell you, not because they see you.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Bowguy

Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 06, 2019, 05:54:58 PM

How many times have you had birds at 5 yards feeding or walking by? Deer never get that close.

Turkeys can't smell ya?? Lol. Sometimes they might good point but what about when the wind is blowing perfect? The deer look right at you and turn around and march back up a hill. I understand all about thermals, wind direction, etc.
My point is and was a slight deviation in pattern won't make a giant difference. A preference is certainly anyone's prerogative. Not gonna keep killing the man's thread. Sorry op

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: SD_smith on February 06, 2019, 05:24:49 PM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 06, 2019, 05:15:28 PM

This happens to every single post on here.

You are right. Its great people post on these topics but sometimes its like they dont even want to answer the question. They put in infinate wisdom that really Does not contribute to what the poster is asking.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Bowguy on February 06, 2019, 06:04:24 PM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 06, 2019, 05:54:58 PM

Turkeys can't smell ya?? Lol. Sometimes they might good point but what about when the wind is blowing perfect? The deer look right at you and turn around and march back up a hill. I understand all about thermals, wind direction, etc.
My point is and was a slight deviation in pattern won't make a giant difference. A preference is certainly anyone's prerogative. Not gonna keep killing the man's thread. Sorry op

I think La longbeard was just being funny.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

LaLongbeard

Wow just wow. Are you really that retarded you said deer never get 5 yards from you. And I said Because they smell you, you asked the question and then you don't understand what you posted. I don't care if you wear camo or not but if you believe a deer has the equivalent eyesight  as a turkey there's something wrong with you or you've never hunted either. And for anyone else that didn't understand the post well that's just sad. Its words ....you put them together to make a sentence lol
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Happy

Pick the one you like best. Personally I think the new bottomland blends better where i hunt but that may not be the case for you. The biggest no no in camo for me is noisy material or if it has that sheen in sunlight that some of the newer fabrics have. Other than that I wouldn't sweat it much.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

1iagobblergetter

I buy whatever is on sale. I think movement or a wrong setup gets a person busted faster than not having the right camo on.If I worried about it probably bottomland pants and bottomland shirt early in the season. At green up,bottomland pants, greenleaf shirt.

Bowguy

Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 06, 2019, 06:37:41 PM
Wow just wow. Are you really that retarded you said deer never get 5 yards from you. And I said Because they smell you, you asked the question and then you don't understand what you posted. I don't care if you wear camo or not but if you believe a deer has the equivalent eyesight  as a turkey there's something wrong with you or you've never hunted either. And for anyone else that didn't understand the post well that's just sad. Its words ....you put them together to make a sentence lol
This is a good site. Watch how you talk. I never said/meant truly never. Very rarely might be better but the numbers of deer that get that close and turkeys when only eyesight is used is skewed toward turkeys coming close.
Never said a deers eyes are better. What you got a reading comprehension issue? Why do all you guys from that state so arguementive. Line breeding I guess, everyone is the same lol

mmorgan9812

Greenleaf, Bottomland, and Obession