OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Camo Preference!!

Started by Wrangler95, February 06, 2019, 10:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on February 06, 2019, 08:20:08 PM
Get bottomland pants and Greenleaf top. Done
I am not sure if that was a comment to me or not, if so thank you for the reply, but those have to be my 2 least liked camo's in the hunting world. Mainly because they are just not great for where I live. I hear they work excellent Down South and the types of trees in that area. I was thinking more like Mossy Oak Obsession old or new style.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gooserbat

I'm going to be unpopular and say it doesn't matter as long as you sit still.  I've been wearing a All Predator Calls Kill Suit.  Its a hybrid ghillie and does a great job. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 07, 2019, 01:10:27 AM
I'm going to be unpopular and say it doesn't matter as long as you sit still.  I've been wearing a All Predator Calls Kill Suit.  Its a hybrid ghillie and does a great job.
I do think that ghillie suits and die cut suits do much more than you standard shirt and pants, but they (ghillie suits) tend to be so hot that I just don't care for them. Sitting still helps a lot no argument.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

tomstopper

I don't care as long as it's clean. I mix and match camo constantly

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

greencop01

I wear a leafy suit and any camo as long as it is more light in color rather than dark. This has worked well for me. I've had turkeys within feet of me with no idea I was there.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Wrangler95

Thanks for all of you who gave an opinion on the two camo patterns,I guess I will do what some suggested,buy bottomland pants and bottomland shirt and a greenleaf shirt!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

BTH

Original mossy oak bottom land or original treestand on the bottom for early season. Original breakup on the top.
Later in the season .....forest floor on the bottom and obsession up top.
Phil 4:13

TRG3

I learned a few years ago that if I put my camo netting out in front of me like a screen, that I can wear whatever I want and move my hands, gun, calls, etc. and the turkeys can't see what's going on. My portable netting consists of thin camo plastic "fabric" with holes cut in it for air movement. It's about 8' long and 3' high with a thin bamboo stick hot glued to each end plus one in the middle. It's very light, portable, easy to unroll and I just push the sticks in the ground behind which I rest in my turkey lounger. I successfully used it three times last year, once for each permit I had. The incoming gobblers seem to focus on my Funky Chicken just behind a hen in the breeding position and never give my hiding place, only 20+ yards away, a glance.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 06, 2019, 11:59:11 PM
I am not sure if that was a comment to me or not, if so thank you for the reply, but those have to be my 2 least liked camo's in the hunting world. Mainly because they are just not great for where I live. I hear they work excellent Down South and the types of trees in that area. I was thinking more like Mossy Oak Obsession old or new style.
I don't know why you think this was directed at you. It was directed at the OP.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Also, why would M O obsession work and Greenleaf not? Both are mossy oak camo.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Sir-diealot

Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on February 07, 2019, 04:06:47 PM
I don't know why you think this was directed at you. It was directed at the OP.
Because it was directly after my comment and I had made the comment about liking darker stuff but wanting to add some green and then you posted with a dark pattern and one with more green to it. Not a big deal.

John Koenig: