OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best turkey gun benelli m2?

Started by chufagold, January 31, 2019, 09:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TalksToTurkeys

Quote from: PEte_A on February 01, 2019, 07:48:21 PM
I don't think I could justify the cost of the Browning Cynergy Turkey.... but its one of my favourite guns when I'm dream shopping. My friend hunts one and its beautiful.

https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/cynergy/current-production/cynergy-composite-ultimate-turkey--mossy-oak-break-up-country.html

Browning should make one in 20 gauge.  8)

3bailey3

man I don't understand, just because someone choses a gun that they like and enjoy shooting and maybe because it cost a good bit some on this thread have suggested that the person needs to learn to call better and pick ammo better and chokes, the guy ask for opinions from people that have shot the M2, not from people that have not shot it and question someone calling ability is unreal!

Happy

If you held one and liked it then only you can decide if it's worth the price. Not trying to single anyone out or point fingers but it seems that sometimes the trend in hunting is to buy expensive stuff as a status symbol or to show off. It's your money to spend as you like and it would be stupid of me to care. I have always cautioned that becoming a good hunter isn't relative to dollars spent. Have fun with whichever you decide and make the decision based solely on what you like.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

MK M GOBL

Quote from: chufagold on January 31, 2019, 09:01:08 PM
"and is there a better turkey gun out there?"

Hmmm I read this as part of the OP, the cost isn't what I look at.. I have learned long ago about quality of what I buy whether it be a gun, bow, binos or whatever. I'm not looking to just to go cheaper... now if said product covers my need and get a good price for it BINGO I buy. Always been a thing with me and working for an outdoor retailer and seems first question is price not quality.

If the Benelli suits you needs/wants and in your price range go for it! Most any gun can be "made" in to a turkey killer!

My SBE shoots lights out, but is just a backup to my turkey killer.

MK M GOBL

PSEoutlaw07

Quote from: 3bailey3 on February 01, 2019, 08:27:53 PM
man I don't understand, just because someone choses a gun that they like and enjoy shooting and maybe because it cost a good bit some on this thread have suggested that the person needs to learn to call better and pick ammo better and chokes, the guy ask for opinions from people that have shot the M2, not from people that have not shot it and question someone calling ability is unreal!

THANKYOU you took the words right out of my mouth. The guy just asked all who have hunted with the particular gun, please give your personal reviews. Alot of these people assume, the OP doesn't know how to call or even hunt a turkey
Geesh, I feel like if he had asked the reviews of some TSS shells because he hunts in thick jungle swamps and may have to occasionaly shoot through some grass, some people on here would be like, "you don't need no expensive shell to kill a turkey, learn how to call and have the bird perch up on your shoulder"

LaLongbeard

Y'all need to calm down, no need to get all worked up lol. The Op is not as butt hurt as some of you. Look at the guys handle that said learn to call " trad bow" he said turkey guns are over rated, I'm sure that was a jab at all of us that hunt with guns. Who  cares what he thinks? I don't really care what people I know ,personally ,think let alone someone I have never met or ever will lol

PS more people commented they prefer the 870 over anything else , lol
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

3bailey3

funny LA more people commented on the 870 when the OP ask for no opinion on it, only for people that had shot the M2 and more than one person said learn to call better, really funny from someone that that doesn't care for what anybody thinks!

LaLongbeard

Quote from: 3bailey3 on February 01, 2019, 09:44:54 PM
funny LA more people commented on the 870 when the OP ask for no opinion on it, only for people that had shot the M2 and more than one person said learn to call better, really funny from someone that that doesn't care for what anybody thinks!
Not sure what your point is?? I mean ..I get that your butt hurt but the rest is jibberish lol

870 Wingmaster ,walnut stock.....for the Win
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

RUN-N-GUN

Quote from: chufagold on January 31, 2019, 09:01:08 PM
Thinking about selling my 870 turkey/predator for a benelli m2 with the 21 inch barrel. If you have shot one before what's your thoughts and is there a better turkey gun out there? Please only comment if u have shot this particular gun
Are you referring to the m2 20 or the m2 12? I have the 870 trky/pred also and I love it, but a friend has the m2 20 and with tss the Benelli is no joke! The m2 20 will be my next gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tman74

Just my 2 cents but "Best Turkey Gun" is either the gun you like the best or a marketing hook. I've owned/own and shot turkeys with the Benelli's, Berettas and Brownings and they don't kill a turkey any deader than my 870 or Cooey 840. I'll grab my 870 over any of them.

On the other hand any excuse to buy a new shotgun is a good excuse in my books!

chufagold

thanks for the input guys.. I'm now torn between the 20 with the 24 inch barrel or the 12 21 inch

chufagold

with TSS out now its making it a tough decision

TM

I switched from an 870 to an SX3, 12ga, 26 inch barrel, stock chokes, a few years ago.  Been a good decision for me.  Maneuvers easy, less recoil, also seems to sound different since remaining birds do not get out of the area in such a hurry.  I know, that last one seems odd, but neighnors have also commented on who was shooting.  7 one shot kills past 4 years.

TalksToTurkeys

Quote from: chufagold on February 03, 2019, 10:25:33 AM
thanks for the input guys.. I'm now torn between the 20 with the 24 inch barrel or the 12 21 inch
I was in the same boat last year. It was between two 20's, an autoloader and a pump. Ended up getting both and liking them both. It may be a sleepless night before the opener this year trying to decide which one to take first. 

PALongspur

The best turkey gun for you is the one that fits you well and you have confidence in. I've got two guns that spend the most time with me in the turkey woods and they both happen to be from Benelli. They both fit me better than any gun I've handled and they shoot where I look.