News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best turkey gun benelli m2?

Started by chufagold, January 31, 2019, 09:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

Quote from: warrent423 on February 01, 2019, 09:06:31 AM
Piss on Benelli, and any other shotgun over $400. They are all junk when they are compared to either the original 870 Wingmaster Magnums or the 835 Ulti Mags. I hunt both throughout the course of a season. These two guns of mine have been through hell and back and still preform flawlessly.
Lol
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Fullfan

Quote from: trad bow on January 31, 2019, 09:05:15 PM
Turkey guns are overrated. Learn to call, sit still and have some patience.

Bingo
Don't gobble at me...

Boykin Hollow

That 835 kicks like a young mule !!!

USMC0331

Best is the one you are comfortable and confident in. With that being said I had a 870 sold it and over the years bought several different Benelli shotguns including the M2. I loved the feal and ease of maintenance on it however setting it up for strictly turkey hunting was way to agervaitung for me so I sold them and went back to the 870. Its not as smoth or as refined but for me it's my best.

MK M GOBL

No way to say "Best", maybe best for what works for you... My best is a different best than yours, So my turkey gun has been an evolution over the past 29 years. I started with my old 870 (don't think this was a Wing Master, but was a walnut stock??) had that gun for 3 years and sold/trade deal on a "used" Rem 1187 SP. I had a gunsmith back team that did a bunch of work to it to build me a dedicated turkey gun back in 1995, this gun has killed a pile of turkeys by me, kids, friends and more that I hunt with. It has slowly evolved into how it is today, wouldn't care to have anything different... It's the BEST for me. My backup is a Benelli SBE and that thing shoots lights out. Anymore I use a REM 1187 SPT as the "loner" gun, was my dad's and carries a bit of nostalgia for me to use with the kids :)

My then & now

MK M GOBL

aclawrence

Aw man some of these comments are not helpful at all. Why does asking about a turkey shotgun mean you suck at calling?  He specifically asked for people not to comment unless they had shot the two guns mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tha bugman

I have shot an M2 duck hunting and I really like the way that it handles..never have shot one at a turkey.   I really can't say that I could tell that much of a difference between my lower priced guns as far as reliability and performance. 

bbcoach

chufa, I'm with the rest of the guys.  There isn't a BEST turkey gun out there.  The BEST gun for you is the one you have CONFIDENCE in.  I'm an 835 guy.  They don't break the bank, they pattern really well with most chokes and shells and they flat out kill birds.  Do you want to spend $1500 for a gun than have at it but a $400 gun will do that for you as well.  Whatever gun you choose, it will ALL boil down to having confidence in that particular weapon.  Good Luck with whatever avenue you take.

chufagold

looks like not 1 person that commented has owned,shot, or even held a benelli m2 with the 21 inch barrel. not much help guys. I have a 870 and held the m2 21 inch at a bass pro a few years back. simply felt right to me. Just looking for some comments of people that have hunted with it before I pull the trigger on a 1400 gun.

3bailey3

well then I will chime in, I have one and shoot it and I love it and I use it only for turkey hunting, light,no recoil and fit well.

Spitten and drummen

I have 4 dedicated turkey guns. I know but i love guns and bows. 2 are 20ga and 2 are 12's. Love my 2 benellis but my primary gun is my winchester sx3 turkey edition 20 ga. Paired with tss #9s it is a turkey buster. My benelli m2 is also though. Love my 20's with tss.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Ozarks Hillbilly

I prefer the 870 or 11-87 to the M2. Nothing wrong with the M2 other than the way you have to push that stupid button every time for ever shell when you want to unload the thing. I know it may not seem like any big deal but it really gets on my nerves.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

zelmo1

I agree with all here. Good pattern/ choke/ ammo combo and learn to call ????????????????????

PEte_A

I don't think I could justify the cost of the Browning Cynergy Turkey.... but its one of my favourite guns when I'm dream shopping. My friend hunts one and its beautiful.

https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/cynergy/current-production/cynergy-composite-ultimate-turkey--mossy-oak-break-up-country.html

Frylock

Quote from: chufagold on January 31, 2019, 09:01:08 PM
Thinking about selling my 870 turkey/predator for a benelli m2 with the 21 inch barrel. If you have shot one before what's your thoughts and is there a better turkey gun out there? Please only comment if u have shot this particular gun

M2 is a great gun, and with the right load/choke combo it'lll be a great turkey gun.