turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos Strutter Blind

Started by Ranger, January 20, 2019, 11:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harty

I know a bunch of young guys that scour the county and try it on just about every bird they see in the field. They think it's a hoot. Me not so much. I will never try it and hope those that do never end up with a load of 5s in their snoot

Hootin-N-Hammer

2 things come to mind when I see this... First if someone showed up to camp with this they would be submitting themselves to a lifetime of jokes and 2nd there are way too many outlaws on country roads that will take shots at anything that resembles a strutter. Seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen....

notsure

'You apparently are not familiar with the appearance and silliness of the blind mentioned in the OP.  It is not a conventional sit inside blind.  See the images before you get back up on the soapbox.

No, I'm familiar with the product in question AND the local contingent of "purist priests" on this site that label anyone who hunts turkeys from a ground blind as "non-ethical hunters".  Enter the search terms "turkey" and "blind" if you don't believe me. The obvious point I was attempting to make was that many of these same purists who scoff at the idea of using the new Primos blind/decoy/umbrella, or a regular ground blind for that matter, have no issue at all trudging into the woods with a shotgun/ammunition combination capable of reliably killing turkeys out to nearly 100 yards.  Personally, I don't have a problem with any of it, and take the position that if it's legal, it's OK. Now, I surely agree with comments questioning the safe use of hunting with the new Primos blind. It's certainly a non-starter on public land, and you better be damn sure no one else is hunting the back 40 you're walking into. That said, pronghorn hunters have been using a similar approach when bow hunting for over a decade.  And they continue to do so, because it works.

Ranger

Y'all were trudging around and killing at 70, now it's 100 yards?  Dang fellas,that's exactly why I knew it would be better to get the struttbrellablind instead of TSS...this product will revolutionize the sport. How about that sporty handle too?  Maybe Will Primos will do a demo video soon, and slayers everywhere will be modding the Kill View Port and the handle for efficiency, maybe YouTube videos. I'd make it a tripod framework so you can set it down without tipping.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

ChiefBubba

Quote from: notsure on January 25, 2019, 02:22:08 PM
'You apparently are not familiar with the appearance and silliness of the blind mentioned in the OP.  It is not a conventional sit inside blind.  See the images before you get back up on the soapbox.

No, I'm familiar with the product in question AND the local contingent of "purist priests" on this site that label anyone who hunts turkeys from a ground blind as "non-ethical hunters".  Enter the search terms "turkey" and "blind" if you don't believe me. The obvious point I was attempting to make was that many of these same purists who scoff at the idea of using the new Primos blind/decoy/umbrella, or a regular ground blind for that matter, have no issue at all trudging into the woods with a shotgun/ammunition combination capable of reliably killing turkeys out to nearly 100 yards.  Personally, I don't have a problem with any of it, and take the position that if it's legal, it's OK. Now, I surely agree with comments questioning the safe use of hunting with the new Primos blind. It's certainly a non-starter on public land, and you better be damn sure no one else is hunting the back 40 you're walking into. That said, pronghorn hunters have been using a similar approach when bow hunting for over a decade.  And they continue to do so, because it works.

I agree.
Too much of worrying about what's going on in the other blind and not enough minding your own business. Elitism at its best. Bubba