News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos Strutter Blind

Started by Ranger, January 20, 2019, 11:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: chefrific on January 22, 2019, 09:05:15 AM
Primos is essentially the "Fisher Price" of 'hunting' products.  I have a good laugh at the ridiculous junk they overprice and sell at walmart season after season. ..... and they are laughing all the way to the bank.
Back when I started hunting in the 90's I really liked them, they are getting a little to the point of stupidity now on some stuff. Others I like like that blind that they have that can't be seen into.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

fallhnt

Remember the wing thing?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Sir-diealot

Quote from: fallhnt on January 22, 2019, 09:05:03 PM
Remember the wing thing?

I mentioned it in a post earlier today as a matter of fact, still have it. Here you go, this is where I mention it. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,86523.0/topicseen.html
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

LaLongbeard

Remember the wing thing?

I've seen them sell on eBay for 80$ hard to believe someone would pay that for a piece of plastic with hand full of feathers. I do however carry a real turkey wing at all times...I've killed several old Gobblers with nothing else. One of the early Primos turkey videos has a hunt when they used nothing but a real wing to kill a Gobbler.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

MK M GOBL

If you think that's dumb...

Seen where a guy mounted a gobbler decoy to his head, yes that's right put a target on your head and run around...
Something we cover at Hunter's Ed every year about safety and this happens.

MK M GOBL

tomno3

It's real purpose is to decrease the competition for a given number of birds.

wchadw

Quote from: SteelerFan on January 20, 2019, 02:48:30 PM

What could possibly go wrong?

haha looks like a great way to get shot in the balls

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Phillipshunt on January 22, 2019, 11:37:08 PM
Remember the wing thing?

I've seen them sell on eBay for 80$ hard to believe someone would pay that for a piece of plastic with hand full of feathers. I do however carry a real turkey wing at all times...I've killed several old Gobblers with nothing else. One of the early Primos turkey videos has a hunt when they used nothing but a real wing to kill a Gobbler.
I wonder if you are thinking of the right thing, the Wing Thing had papers on it attached to a handle and you would spread them out and they would sound like a wing. I have to remember where I put it but I will send you a picture or post it to this thread if you would like?

John Koenig:

LaLongbeard

Primos made the "Real wing" which is what I was talking about. Lohman made the "wing thing" sense the subject was Primos I assumed y'all meant the wing Primos sold. Either way they both look like wastes of money lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

tomstopper

Quote from: Phillipshunt on January 23, 2019, 08:22:15 PM
Primos made the "Real wing" which is what I was talking about. Lohman made the "wing thing" sense the subject was Primos I assumed y'all meant the wing Primos sold. Either way they both look like wastes of money lol.
I agree. Just using my hat has always worked for me.

Sir-diealot

Oh sorry for my mistake, I did not realize there were two of similar name. I have had them come into the Lohman like I said, using that, fly down cackle and scratching some leaves and soft yelping got them up close to me and have had them come close though not as close as I mention in that thread. You have to be sure to spread it out well or it sounds you you are thumping a book on your leg.

John Koenig:

Swather

Quote from: notsure on January 20, 2019, 01:22:18 PM
So, for all the purists oh-so appalled at people hunting turkeys from inside a blind (Gasp!!!), are you willing to give up your $10 a shot, 70-yard plus tungsten shotgun shells?

You apparently are not familiar with the appearance and silliness of the blind mentioned in the OP.  It is not a conventional sit inside blind.  See the images before you get back up on the soapbox.

Happy

All I can think of is "I'm Mary Poppins y'all"
If you haven't watched guardians of the galaxy you won't get it.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tomstopper on January 23, 2019, 08:24:02 PM
I agree. Just using my hat has always worked for me.
This is what I learned after I had bought it, but it is still going strong (Lohman version) so I will use it till it dies and then beat up my hats :D

John Koenig:

tomstopper

It just hit me as I was posting in another thread on here that guesswho should patent his badonkedonk decoy and sell it to primos..... (For everyone new on here, maybe you will get lucky and he will post a pic of it) Lol.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk