turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos Strutter Blind

Started by Ranger, January 20, 2019, 11:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

No different than that turkey fan umbrella a few years ago. A guy we hunted with in Kansas tried one and it just scared them off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

fallhnt

People get shot turkey hunting while sitting against a tree. During a Spring hunt my buddy had a idiot jump out of a truck,rush a field and shoot his hen decoy. This was 20 years ago.When confronted the guy said,"it's turkey season". I've had to yell at road hunters with rifles while Fall hunting. I've been stalked while Fall and Spring hunting. Had a guy swinging his gun towards me and my buddy while calling in Fall. I shot over my buddy on a Fall hunt becouse he wasn't where he said he would be. It's dangerous no matter how you hunt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

3bailey3

I am from MS., Mr. Primos home state, I wish I can find the footage of Will when he got up before our state legislature and begged them not to allow the use of any decoy, said it would be the end of our sport, my how times have changed!!

Happy

You would think the fellow would at least dress his legs up to look like turkey legs. Guys are paying $300 dollars for a more realistic decoy and this guy pulls this stunt? Geesh.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Deputy 14

I agree that it's asinine and dangerous but to each their own, maybe we should try not arguing about stupid stuff as most know anyone that would use this is not a turkey hunter and will prob not...nevermind were getting along....

fallhnt

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 20, 2019, 08:31:37 PM
I am from MS., Mr. Primos home state, I wish I can find the footage of Will when he got up before our state legislature and begged them not to allow the use of any decoy, said it would be the end of our sport, my how times have changed!!
No way....how many years ago was that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

BB30

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 20, 2019, 08:31:37 PM

Yea a lot changed when primos got bought out several years back. It's a shame Will was and still is a purist in a sense and is also a very good turkey hunter. It's a shame to see companies selling out.

3bailey3

fallhnt I think it was mid 80's, BB30 Will is not a purist, to have the opinion he had then and the crap they are putting out now, I call that a sell out... but he has done very well for his family!

BB30

He was a purist at one point. Do agree that if you are going to take a stance you should stick with it.

Once they sold the company to private equity everything became about the $$$.

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: SteelerFan on January 20, 2019, 02:48:30 PM

What could possibly go wrong?
At least he has some great camo on  :TooFunny:

tomstopper

Quote from: TauntoHawk on January 20, 2019, 06:21:38 PM
If I thumped out what looks like a 75lb strutter image the birds I'd hunt wouldnt stop running til they hit the next county.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Agreed but to each his own. I hope all the neighbors use them this season and push the birds to the property that I hunt...lol  :funnyturkey:

Whino83

Quote from: kyturkeyhunter4 on January 21, 2019, 03:43:05 AM
Quote from: SteelerFan on January 20, 2019, 02:48:30 PM

What could possibly go wrong?
At least he has some great camo on  :TooFunny:

The perfect gift for your mother in law!
Trust, but verify (Ronald Reagan)
Mathew 6:34  Proverbs 3:5-6

nyhunter

:bike2:                                :TrainWreck1:                         :character0029:

Muzzy61

Quote from: TauntoHawk on January 20, 2019, 06:21:38 PM
If I thumped out what looks like a 75lb strutter image the birds I'd hunt wouldnt stop running til they hit the next county.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

:TooFunny:
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

chefrific

Primos is essentially the "Fisher Price" of 'hunting' products.  I have a good laugh at the ridiculous junk they overprice and sell at walmart season after season. ..... and they are laughing all the way to the bank.