OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What are you sitting on

Started by Tracker12, May 05, 2018, 07:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracker12

I have a hard time sitting long on the pad of my vest.   need something to sit on when I run and gun.  I tried a small chair I use when nbackpackig but the legs sink in th soft dirt.  Anyone have the perfect chair

SteelerFan

It's not the lightest... but very stable and very comfortable. I find it well worth the carry. You can sit comfortably for hours.

Browning Camping 8525014 Strutter Folding Chair (Regular) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007PIRAYE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zLz7AbDX2692R

outdoorsmen

I got the cabelas turkey chair. But i only use it when im gonna be camping out for a long time. If im on the move i will just use the vest pad.

renegade19

Hunt Comfort "Fatboy" cushion.  Fantastic product and worth the $75.  I've used one for years now.

maddog3355

I pack around a gobbler lounger. It's the best thing I've found for a bad back like mine.

wchadw

Quote from: renegade19 on May 05, 2018, 09:24:28 AM
Hunt Comfort "Fatboy" cushion.  Fantastic product and worth the $75.  I've used one for years now.
I second this. Super comfy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dutch@fx4

Are use a turkey chair made by hunt Shield Canadian Tire store very nice comfortable low sitting chair.

earl9932

I gut the filling out of one of the hot seat cushions and replace with an inner tube. Cut a hole in the rollover flap for a carabiner and attach to the vest. Conforms to any contours, light, perfect for long sits or run and gun. Just can't sit in a thorn patch.

Chris O

I have been using a browning strutter chair. It probably isn't for carrying in mountains but for farm country it's sweet once you get to your spot

land cruiser

Pad, 90% of the time. I get into the blind only when it is pouring down, then - Alite Mayfly 

I thought this was another thread about Paul Platz pots.

wchadw

Quote from: land cruiser on May 05, 2018, 04:52:20 PM
Pad, 90% of the time. I get into the blind only when it is pouring down, then - Alite Mayfly 

I thought this was either thread about Paul Platz pots.
Sounds like Paul plate needs to quit his day job and hire some helpers

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: wchadw on May 05, 2018, 11:56:10 AM
X3 by far the most comfortable cushion I have ever used.

wchadw

Quote from: ElkTurkMan on May 05, 2018, 05:06:09 PM
Quote from: wchadw on May 05, 2018, 11:56:10 AM
X3 by far the most comfortable cushion I have ever used.

Yea. It was pricy but worth it.

mufishgrad

The Hunter's Specialties Bunsaver has been good to me. You can carry it in your back vest pocket or it does have a waist strap that you can tighten. Fatboy by Hunt Comfort is awesome as well, but is a little heavier than the bunsaver. It depends on how far you are running and gunning, and what you feel like carrying.

mspaci