OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What are you sitting on

Started by Tracker12, May 05, 2018, 07:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ezmorningrebel

Sir-diealot

I use one of these in the blind. Also works well for fishing and camping.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

3bailey3

i also use the Browning chair and i love it!

Happy

I I use anything its the seat on my super elite 3. Bout half the time I don't use that and just use the built in seat the Lord gave me.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tracker12

I have a hard time spending 70 on a pad.  Plus I like the back support of a chair

SteelerFan

Quote from: Chris O on May 05, 2018, 04:47:43 PM
I have been using a browning strutter chair. It probably isn't for carrying in mountains but for farm country it's sweet once you get to your spot

I carry it in the mountains - its not bad. Strap is long enough to sling it over head & arm for a cross carry.

I'll also add that I have found my patience has been extended with a comfortable seat. The waiting game when I know I'm in the "spot" is easier - and has lead to more than one mid to late morning success.

Another HUGE advantage I have found - you don't need a tree for a backrest. Trim out a hole in a bush or brush pile, and you're good to go! This is something I honestly never considered, but it sure gives you versatility when picking out spot to set up.

strum

I usually just use the pad on mt tater2 vest but yesterday because I wanted to try a spot that didnt have a decent tree to lean back on I decided to use the kickstand feature that it has ( I had taken off the frame when I got it 3 years ago) .  I also brought along a pad that came off one of my summit lock on stands and use it to double my comfort.
It was the most comfortable i have been sitting on the ground ever.

roverboy

I bought a vest that was made by a local company. Called Racoe in Celina, Tn. I've had it for about 10 years, its got a good cushion on it. When I saw this thread title, I almost laughed.
Listen for the gobble

NJGobblerHunter

I use the Hunt Comfort Scout.

West Augusta

It's heavy but when hunting mountain birds, it's worth it.  The HillJacked chair.
It holds on the side of a steep mountain and is adjustable for pretty steep slopes.

http://www.hilljacked.com/
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

idratherb

Snoodsniper

Gobbler lounger with a quake claw strap added.... because the original carry strap sucks.

land cruiser

Quote from: West Augusta on May 06, 2018, 07:27:59 PM
It's heavy but when hunting mountain birds, it's worth it.  The HillJacked chair.
It holds on the side of a steep mountain and is adjustable for pretty steep slopes.

Wow that's a Lay-z-boy type of a seat

tracker#1

Cabela's turkey chair and the small Fatboy, I like to sit long times, penitence is a virtue ...

Dtrkyman

Quote from: West Augusta on May 06, 2018, 07:27:59 PM

weight?