OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What are you sitting on

Started by Tracker12, May 05, 2018, 07:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

I have always like the Bucklick Creek and BassPro stadium type seats.  But my old behind has lost most of my natural padding and they don't suit me well for longer sits.  I'm liking what I see about the Alpz Impact vest with the same type seat but wonder has anyone ever tried one with a bunsaver or thinner pad? 
I wonder if it would make the back of the seat too low on the upper back?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

MDSTRUTNRUT

Wallyworld TURKEYTHUG chair for last 2 years.   Little cumbersome to carry but can sit in it for hours and like STEELERFAN said don't need a tree to lean against.   Nice when I sit with one of my kids or with someone you want to sit close to.   Let them have the tree and can just buddy next to them so can whisper important info.  Is hard to turn or spin if needed but can ease out of it if needed to in a pinch.   Do also have one of those old short aluminum short legged turkey chairs with no back, you need a cushion on it but does give you a rootless level base to sit on. 

tha bugman

I really like the gobbler chair I got from Wally World.  Great for long sits...not so much for running and gunning IMO

TRG3

Regardless of the type of ground lounger you use, be sure to put down something (plastic bag) to keep the moisture from getting your butt wet where it touches the ground. Don't ask me how I know!

CALLM2U

Quote from: outdoorsmen on May 05, 2018, 07:57:09 AM
I got the cabelas turkey chair. But i only use it when im gonna be camping out for a long time. If im on the move i will just use the vest pad.

This is exactly what I do. That chair is amazingly comfortable.