News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Using the same gun....

Started by Greg Massey, March 14, 2017, 01:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelerFan

My turkey weapons:

Started with an 870 wingmaster "hunt everything" gun...

Bought an NWTF 1300 for turkey ('89-'90?)...

Went to Benelli M2 "hunt everything" gun...

Just put together a youth 870 20 ga. to back to dedicated turkey for this year...

The circle of life continues... lol

Ontario_caller

4 dedicated turkey guns.
3 multi-use over unders
3 dedicated to waterfowl guns
3 dedicated predator guns
There He IS !

Tail Feathers

Two general purpose scatterguns and three dedicated turkey shotguns.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Hoofman

I have three "turkey only" rigs.  And a whole variety of multiple purpose shotguns

Clif Owen

Quote from: Happy on March 14, 2017, 04:52:29 PM
One turkey gun and one deer gun. Have some for the kids and my wife and a few hand me downs that don't get used much. Don't see the point in having a bunch of guns. Waste of money in my opinion. Can only use one at a time.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

I sure hope my wife doesn't stumble across this. I just now have her convinced I need most of what I have. Which is a few shotguns, a 22 or 3 and a few deer rifles.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Clif Owen on March 14, 2017, 10:58:50 PM
Quote from: Happy on March 14, 2017, 04:52:29 PM
One turkey gun and one deer gun. Have some for the kids and my wife and a few hand me downs that don't get used much. Don't see the point in having a bunch of guns. Waste of money in my opinion. Can only use one at a time.

I sure hope my wife doesn't stumble across this. I just now have her convinced I need most of what I have. Which is a few shotguns, a 22 or 3 and a few deer rifles.
:TooFunny:

Happy

Everyone has their thing. I prefere keeping it it simple and having money for other things. My .270 kills deer just as dead as a .300 or 7mm so no point in owning the others. Same with my turkey gun. Now if was into upland hunting or waterfowl I would probably have a dedicated gun for those pursuits. But work and being a father are my first priorities so I only deer and turkey hunt anymore.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

WV TURKEY THUG

For turkey I use a Mossberg 835. For grouse woodcock I use a stevens 555 28 gauge. Deer I use 308 win

snapper1982

maytom

Like most of the others, I have one gun for turkey, a Winchester 1300 NWTF Edition. But thinking about getting a Winchester SX4 semi-auto for another turkey gun.

Muzzy61

One for turkeys, one for deer, one for dove and one for bad guys.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

jed clampett

1 dedicated 835 for turkeys
1 dedicated h&r slugster (scope) for deer
And a whole bunch others don't really use...dove..no more pheasants

Uncle Nicky

One for spring turkey, one for fall turkey, slug gun for deer & hogs, one for small game, and one for geese and deer drives. If all I could afford was one, I would make due with that.

jakesdad

2 870s (12 & 20) for turkey
1 old 11-48 (12) for turkey(mostly fall)
1 870 (12) for waterfowl
1 old SXS(my grandpas) .410 for rabbits
1 Baikal MP-153 (12) backup or loaner for whatever

Boys have 2 20's. oldest has a youth 870 and the lefty shoots a Mossy bantam 510

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Strutr

TC Encore for turkey and deer.  Other guns for upland game.