turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Using the same gun....

Started by Greg Massey, March 14, 2017, 01:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagler

I have a Benelli SBE2 and a Mossberg 835 I use for turkey/predators. I also have a Remington 1100 20ga for cottontail/hare.
Never Misses

catman529

Same gun since I started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirt road ninja

Only use my turkey guns for turkeys.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Andy S. on March 14, 2017, 02:36:46 PM
Two dedicated to turkeys (12g & 20g), and several others dedicated to everything else (squirrel, rabbit, shooting skeet, etc).

X2
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

blake_08

One 870 SPS turkey for a dedicated turkey gun, one cantilever rifle barreled 870 (even though oklahoma doesn't have a shotgun season for deer), beretta auto for ducks and crows, benelli nova as a back up duck and crow gun, 870 express magnum as a backup backup, and I'm looking into getting an auto 20 gauge for dove this season. Shotgunning/wingshooting is next best thing for me after turkey hunting, and for me i'll never have too many shotguns.  :you_rock:

Happy

One turkey gun and one deer gun. Have some for the kids and my wife and a few hand me downs that don't get used much. Don't see the point in having a bunch of guns. Waste of money in my opinion. Can only use one at a time.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

RutnNStrutn

I have 3 shotguns, and I use them all for everything.

kjnengr

1 for waterfowl, 1 for sporting clays, and 1 for turkeys.  But I'm shopping for another dedicated turkey gun to replace my 870.

Gooserbat

I have one that's used for everything but I have a couple that are dedicated to turkey hunting.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

varmint101

Heck no! What's the fun in that?  They all get used though. For a while I did use my Beretta 390 12g for everything but deer.  It runs like a champ.

codym

I have a shotgun fetish. I have a 20 & 12 dedicated turkey guns. I have 5 20 gauge o/u's for various upland game birds. A 20 ga. sxs for upland game and a 20 ga. benelli if it's nasty weather in the uplands or in the off chance I  decide to shoot a duck. I have a 28 ga and 410 o/u for doves, skeet and 5 stand.

renegade19

1 for turkey, 1 for deer.  Don't hunt upland birds or waterfowl any more.  My buddy uses same gun, swaps out the barrels and optics.  Works well for him.

fallhnt

I have two early 90's Remingtons for turkey. 1 auto and 1 pump. I also have a .410 that I bought for turkey hunting and it has 1 kill. All with store bought ammo. All pattern really well too.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Cut N Run

SBE dedicated for turkeys only.  20 ga. 870 for doves,  12ga. Stevens single shot back-up for turkeys, & 16 ga. pump for anything else.  I deer hunt with crossbow, .308, or .30-'06, 30/30, or .50 cal muzzleloader.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

greencop01

One SPS 870 Turkey/Predator just for turkeys, an 1187 12 ga light contour barrel for birds, ducks and deer and one 1100 Special Field 20 ga just for pheasants and his majesty the Ruffed Grouse. I like short barrels.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!