turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Forum suggestions , and name changes

Started by Old Gobbler, January 22, 2017, 06:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Guys as always I'm always open to suggestions on how to help you guys develop the forum , creating new areas etc...if you would like you could post to this thread or personal message me on any improvements

Also if any of you would like your screen name , email or login changed pm me for info , be forwarned , make sure your email is up to date cause it will send the info to your email , and you may or may not have to log back onto the forum with your new login name you requested

Thanks again -- Shannon Kelly
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

turkeyfoot

Good as is but may could use section for outfitter review/requests see this asked lot

guesswho

Maybe give away a free 2017 Osceola hunt to the first member that suggests it in this thread.   Other than that I can't really think of anything.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Bowguy

Quote from: guesswho on January 22, 2017, 07:48:41 PM
Maybe give away a free 2017 Osceola hunt to the first member that suggests it in this thread.   Other than that I can't really think of anything.
Awesome! I'll second that if its for two n you bring me!!

Ruger M77

I think a public land section would be awesome a lot of guys hunt public on here be nice to have a special section for us
                                                                                                                                                 Thanks,Steve

I eat therefore I hunt

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Ruger M77 on January 22, 2017, 08:50:32 PM
I think a public land section would be awesome a lot of guys hunt public on here be nice to have a special section for us
                                                                                                                                                 Thanks,Steve

This is a good idea.                                                                                       
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Gooserbat

Classifieds feedback that's linked into that person's profile so that you can look at their direct feedback via their profile.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gobble!

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 22, 2017, 10:20:45 PM
Classifieds feedback that's LinkedIn to that person's profile so that you can look at their direct feedback via their profile.

X2

VA_Birdhunter

Classifieds feedback that's linked into that person's profile so that you can look at their direct feedback via their profile.

Great suggestion Gooserbat!  I agree!!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

beakbuster10

Great suggestion, good way to keep everyone safe.
With that said, we just have good people here. On another forum I'm a member of  I'd never make trades without research, but here I just never feel the need to. I might get burned tomorrow, but up to this point I've encountered nothing but great guys/gals here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowBendr

My only suggestion would be to find a member of this forum that you can trust and make them a moderator. The 2 sections that need the most work are the pattern pic sections and the call classifieds section. The time of the season is upon us again where all the non-direction following readers post their gun questions in the pic sections and the calls start selling so fast that you can't tell what is still available if the OP doesn't change the title. This time of year those 2 areas get almost impossible to navigate. A person to move those threads to the appropriate area would be awesome since Bob went MIA......

dejake

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

SKYNET KC

On other forums I've been on, there is a feedback section where people start their own thread. Then in the signature they'll put something like "my feedback" or "SKYNET KC Feedback" with a link directly to that thread.

This would make it easier on the admin team, not having to constantly create links for people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paintbrush

Quote from: turkeyfoot on January 22, 2017, 07:21:20 PM
Good as is but may could use section for outfitter review/requests see this asked lot
I'd like to see this also. It would be a good starting point for guys looking for an outfitter for out of state hunts. Reviews, good or bad, from other hunters mean a lot.