OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Forum suggestions , and name changes

Started by Old Gobbler, January 22, 2017, 06:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobspur

Some other forums I frequent have a neat little feature, don't know what its called.  You hold your mouse cursor over the title of the thread, and it previews the first post by showing you a few lines.  I think this would be a nice addition.

SteelerFan

Thought about asking for a name change... but I'll get over it. Lol

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: SteelerFan on January 23, 2017, 08:47:03 PM
Thought about asking for a name change... but I'll get over it. Lol
Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.D. Shellnut

Quote from: Gobspur on January 23, 2017, 08:29:59 PM
Some other forums I frequent have a neat little feature, don't know what its called.  You hold your mouse cursor over the title of the thread, and it previews the first post by showing you a few lines.  I think this would be a nice addition.
This would be very nice. Kind of gives you a preview of the thread. And the guide/review section.
60% of the time it works every time!

Gut Pile

This is my favorite forum of all the ones I frequent / I don't post a lot, but I learn a whole lot. One suggestion I have is to have the state listed somewhere near the name of people posting / I just like to know what area they are from when they post, it gives me an idea of wheather or not the advice / tactic will translate to my topography and climate here in norther Ohio
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

Old Gobbler

I read each and everyone of your suggestions , and appreciate the fantastic ideas , except Ronnie , I'm not showing you my honey hole .....lol

The feedback link in the sig line is a good idea , we have a feedback area and perhaps a thread per seller would work out great

Now keep the suggestions coming !!! Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

SteelerFan

Just a thought...continuing on the classifieds section. As the author of a normal post, there's an option that allows you to "modify" by just selecting that button. Would it be possible to add a button exclusive to the classified thread, for the author (seller) to select - such as: [Mark As Sold]?

The seller could go back to their original listing post, tap the [Mark As Sold] button, and it could change the title font to RED, and maybe add "SOLD" at the end of the title? This would immediately identify the item as sold, but it could keep the listing and details available for others to see if they just wanted to view the item and / or what it sold for. Just a thought. Not sure if it would be practical, or even capable- my web design skills are nonexistent. (If font can't be changed red, maybe a red "SOLD" bubble like the blue "new" bubble?)

And to help fund this site, perhaps consider "site supporter" status in order to list in the classifieds? Site supporter "membership" gets you a patch and access to list in classifieds? Might help deter any fly-by listings from less desirables, and help fund the site? Again, just typing out loud...

Great site, and Thank You.

Spring Creek Calls

I agree with SteelerFan's comments on the "sold" button. It would make reading thru the classifieds much easier,
IF people would use it. I also like the thought of some criteria for posting in the classifieds that would help promote/fund the site.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

ncwoodsman

How about a subject line named "Killer Deals" or "On Sale \ Bargain Bin" where we could post with links? I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for a sale / deal. Sometime I find a great sale on an item and send it to my buddies and vise versa. I do see some postings from time to time with things like this in the General Section, but alot of times it's way down in the middle of the posting and if you don't read them all you may miss it. If your like me, you spent alot of time on Google trying to research for the best price. Just an idea....

Greg Massey

I don't know but i don't think we need more rules and regulations....I like the way it's run now...let's just not get caught up in rules...Great Forum....

mgm1955

Quote from: paintbrush on January 23, 2017, 08:06:51 PM
Quote from: turkeyfoot on January 22, 2017, 07:21:20 PM
Good as is but may could use section for outfitter review/requests see this asked lot
I'd like to see this also. It would be a good starting point for guys looking for an outfitter for out of state hunts. Reviews, good or bad, from other hunters mean a lot.
:agreed: :agreed:

davisd9

How about allowing us to embed youtube videos so that the forum members can see the video without having to follow a link?  That way they can just hit play and watch directly on the thread. 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Spring Creek Calls

I'd like to see the "Additional Options" tab at the bottom of PM's like in the reply area. This would be handy when exchanging pictures and sound files for call trades.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

The Woodsman

I'd really like to see a picture size restriction. Nothing worse than opening a post and the words are so tiny because the pics are so fricken huge. It would help with page loading and possibly not clog the server up.

Denny

NCbowjunkie

How do I go about changing my online name