OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Forum suggestions , and name changes

Started by Old Gobbler, January 22, 2017, 06:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Juice

Quote from: Bow Guy on February 02, 2017, 07:02:17 PM
How do I go about changing my online name
You need to contact Shannon whose the administrator. Good luck.

Big Guy

I always enjoy an off-topic section.  Music/movies/anything non turkey hunting.

Another thing I've seen that is nice is an active topic link, which will bring up all the most recently posted in threads over all the sub-forums.

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

the Ward

I mentioned this on the patch thread. How about a special limited edition patch/ decal combo raffle for a fund raiser for the site? 100 post count members or so and up, $20 or so per entry, you can enter as many times as you want.

SteelerFan

Forgot to mention... as per the numerous mentions, how about the ability to post / upload a photo directly from your laptop or phone - rather than having to send it to another source and inserting a link?

ncturkey

I second this comment.
Quote from: BowBendr on January 23, 2017, 01:09:34 AM
My only suggestion would be to find a member of this forum that you can trust and make them a moderator. The 2 sections that need the most work are the pattern pic sections and the call classifieds section. The time of the season is upon us again where all the non-direction following readers post their gun questions in the pic sections and the calls start selling so fast that you can't tell what is still available if the OP doesn't change the title. This time of year those 2 areas get almost impossible to navigate. A person to move those threads to the appropriate area would be awesome since Bob went MIA......

trkehunr93

Quote from: davisd9 on January 27, 2017, 08:14:10 AM
How about allowing us to embed youtube videos so that the forum members can see the video without having to follow a link?  That way they can just hit play and watch directly on the thread.
Agreed!  I like the "mark as sold" button as well.  This is a great forum that is well run by you Shannon, I really don't see anything that needs to be changed.  Very respectful bunch of folks on here. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

pabossie255

I agree to have the ability to lock a thread yourself when your item sells would be a plus as I don't know how many choke tubes I looked at only to get to the bottom post and read sold cause they did not put closed in the heading.