turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

$$ How Much do You?

Started by MK M GOBL, January 15, 2017, 02:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

So how much do you have invested in your turkey hunting gear, not trips, trucks, quads, "collection items" or anything of the like but what you use to hunt with. Now some of my equipment plays double duty i.e. blinds, binoculars and such but it was bought to turkey hunt with.

Couldn't believe my number... lol but I'm in the range of $$$$, buddy and I were talking about this today. And this was just turkey

MK M GOBL

BABS9

Hahah I'd rather not even think about it. Pretty large number. But so worth it

Greg Massey

I don't want to make myself sick, so i want EVEN try to figure it all up...I just enjoy all the collecting ...i have to laugh...

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

davisd9

Do not know and do not care, mine or yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bbcoach

I'm sure your wife, girlfriend or significate other could give you a real close figure.  LOL.  Just as you could tell her how much money she spends on shoes.  Just saying!

1iagobblergetter

I figure as long as my bills are paid on time, my wife and children aren't going without and get to go on a good vacation or two a year,im not using a credit card i cant pay off every month, if I want it I'm buying it. Works pretty good!!!  :funnyturkey:

Tail Feathers

Just what I carry on one hunt:
Guesstimate:
Box call-$90
Mouth calls-$50
Pot calls-$150
Vest- $125
Shells-$25
Clothing and boots-$240
Thermacell-$25
Binocs-$100
Gun-$300 to $1100 depending on which gun I carry.
But since I have two, three or a couple of dozen of everything turkey hunting, the total I own would be much higher.  Wow, I don't remember spending that much! :funnyturkey:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

guesswho

Never give it any thought.   $$$ don't make the hunt for me, but it can make some folks feel like hunters.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Bowguy

It is hard to figure since so much of it does do double duty. But w dedicated turkey guns w the chokes, calls, vests, dekes, shells, patterning supplies, etc just for the birds alone it's high.
It's all relative., outdoors is all I do, don't drink, don't get out to eat much, no sporting events, etc that so many dabble in. Nothing wrong w these things they've just never gotten in my way so the expense is more bearable

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: guesswho on January 15, 2017, 03:59:37 PM
Never give it any thought.   $$$ don't make the hunt for me, but it can make some folks feel like hunters.
Doesn't take $$ to make me feel like a hunter either, but takes it to get me where I'm going,takes it so my butt ain't sitting on the ground,takes it to keep the belly from rumbling, money makes the world go round whether we want to believe it or not.  :jackson: :jackson:

nsselle

Davidd9 hit the nail on the head!!!!!!! Who cares, as long as you enjoy yourself.

Hooksfan

I was just wondering about this recently.  Honesty,  the only expenses I have put into hunting this year other than ammo was some Northern Flight Prairie Grass to go on my boat blind--which I managed to set on fire a week before duck season,  but that's another story.
My newest camo is probably 12 years old. I have bought some of the realistic turkey decoys for bowhunt ing in the past few years.I killed two deer with 20 year old muzzy broadheads this year. Not that I wouldn't buy more stuff if I could afford it, but the bulk of my money is actually spent on out of state licenses and gas in the Spring.

Ruger M77

Really not that much for me had the same vest for 10 yrs same Rem 870 I bought when I was 14 most exspensive thing I carry is probably my gps. If you think about it only has to be as exspensive as you want it to be
I eat therefore I hunt

derek

Year to year on gear really isn't too bad with turkeys (especially in comparison to ducks and snow geese)... I have what I like, I'll re-up with some fresh mouth calls each year and shells.  What gets me with turkeys is the gas, tolls, camp fees, fast food on the road, OOS licenses and tags... it adds up and I don't want to ever calculate it out... And I wouldn't have it any other way!
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com