turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

$$ How Much do You?

Started by MK M GOBL, January 15, 2017, 02:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylongspur88

Idk. I've accumulated stuff over the years. In the past few years all I buy is a license and some mouth calls.

Happy

I spend more on licences, tags, hunting club dues,gas and ammo than anything else.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

WNCTracker

Some questions are best not answered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Happy on January 15, 2017, 05:33:21 PM
I spend more on licences, tags, hunting club dues,gas and ammo than anything else.

Same here for the past few seasons, I was just surprised at how much I've invested since I began turkey hunting and the amount of $ in gear I'm carrying most every time I go in the turkey woods.  It can vary with gear carried, but I'd never stopped to figure that up.
I wouldn't change it for anything either. ;D
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gooserbat

I'm going to say it's a lot but less than my bowhunting equipment.  Both are less than bass fishing or waterfowl hunting.  As long as I've been doing this I don't make major purchases that often.  I'm spend it mostly on trips, and a little tss.

Gun/choke...$500
Tss...$100
Binoculars...$250
Camo...$200
Calls...$250
Vest...$125
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TauntoHawk

Probably less than the average American spends on eating out, drinks, and movies and such. Not that I don't do any of that but we all find a pit to throw money into

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BowBendr

I've never attempted to add it up, probably never will. I never buy much turkey gear, just a few mouth calls and some shells. My biggest cost are tags and gasoline. Don't worry much about food, like a rutting buck, I'll eat when it's over.......

Marc

I have been a bird and waterfowl hunter since I was old enough to hold a gun...  So if I consider equipment specific to turkey hunting...

Vest
Shells
Decoys.
Calls.

Out of the above list, I have probably spent more on calls...  I have probably spent more on gas going hunting and scouting that all of the above combined.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

VA_Birdhunter

I've been doing it for 26 yrs.....I absolutely love turkey hunting!  It's an addiction!!  I've spent many $ on it and never think about how much.  As long as it doesn't affect what God has asked of me and doesn't harm my family....it's a great investment and I don't keep track of it. 
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

turkeyfoot

Its a number I don't care to add up I like living in dark when it comes to turkey hunting costs

appalachianassassin

todays hunters spend most of their money on useless junk. what I carry turkey hunting, with the exception of my gun, will fit in the pocket of a flannel shirt. license and food saver bags are my biggest expense.

Tail Feathers

Quote from: appalachianassassin on January 15, 2017, 11:03:07 PM
todays hunters spend most of their money on useless junk. what I carry turkey hunting, with the exception of my gun, will fit in the pocket of a flannel shirt. license and food saver bags are my biggest expense.
Now that's a minimalist.  I have to carry water and a thermacell or my hunts would end very soon.  And I'm not sitting on the bare ground with no cushion or seat.  I like to actually enjoy my hunting time. :toothy12:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

appalachianassassin

yes... im an extreme minimalist. I use to carry all the garb, now I don't even carry a veil and gloves. I carry a trumpet around my neck and a couple mouth calls in my pocket. water is not necessary, there are springs everywhere I hunt. If a bird is a mile away gobbling, I want to travel light enough to be set up on him in 10 mins or less. ive been clocked at 4 min 28 sec running a mile. carrying all that junk really slows you down. and uh... no one enjoyes their hunts any more than I do.

Dr Juice

Quote from: BABS9 on January 15, 2017, 03:02:45 PM
Hahah I'd rather not even think about it. Pretty large number. But so worth it
X2. My call addiction is getting worse though :-)

Happy

That sir is moving! At my best I was 5:06 on the mile. I like to carry some stuff on my hunts and I wouldn't trust the streams around where I hunt for water. Still, I like to travel light by today's standards and that let's me get back in and away from other hunters. Put a good sized mountain between yourself and the road and odds are that you won't be bothered.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club