OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

$$ How Much do You?

Started by MK M GOBL, January 15, 2017, 02:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzzy61

That's not for public knowledge, never know when my wife might be monitoring my goggle searches and stumble on this page....
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Muzzy61 on January 16, 2017, 09:43:23 AM
That's not for public knowledge, never know when my wife might be monitoring my goggle searches and stumble on this page....
:TooFunny:
I worked up some courage while reading this thread last night and actually mentioned the amount I have invested to my wife.  All she said was "it's not like you bought it all in one year".  That seals it, I think I'll keep her another 31 years. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Happy

My wife buys all my hunting clothes and toys. Says it makes it easy for her to shop for me.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Cut N Run

I generally buy a new set of camo about every other year, a few mouth calls every year, and I buy several boxes of ammo of the same lot number as necessary.  For no more than I shoot during hunting season, I have enough ammo to last me until I'm about 87 years old.

I have enough pot calls and box calls to last me and my nephews the rest of our lives.

What I need most of all is the time to use what I already own.  My work always picks up around turkey season and I get screwed out of hunts I hoped to take.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Gobble!

I try not to think about it, heck every pull of the trigger is $10.

renegade19

I don't know but it's not all that much.  Now, it's just yearly tags and an occasional check to Hook's for some replacement mouth calls.  Ammo as needed.  My wife occasionally reminds me of how many "Butterballs" we could have purchased over the years just to keep me on my toes.

GobbleNut

What I spend on turkey hunting outside of those items excluded is pretty minimal.  On a cost-per-hour basis, what I spend is peanuts compared to some of the hobbies some people I know have.  I can get an entire season of turkey hunting for the amount some folks will spend in a day for their enjoyment. 

beakbuster10

Buying filet and lobster for every meal I eat wild turkey would be exponentially cheaper, but they don't gobble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Quote from: davisd9 on January 15, 2017, 03:33:55 PM
Do not know and do not care, mine or yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly.

trkehunr93

Never given it any thought.  If it's something you love you'll never spend too much in my book.

sps20

50 years-many birds -at least 30 days a year.
way to much, and I've enjoyed every nickel.
Regards
turk :newmascot:

mtns2hunt

Most of my stuff does double duty. So I look at it as to what I expend Turkey hunting. Normally 3 shells and a bunch of sweat equity.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

boatpaddle

With the many memories  & friends, I've made along the way, turkey hunting.

PRICELESS
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Dr Juice

Quote from: boatpaddle on January 17, 2017, 11:21:38 PM
With the many memories  & friends, I've made along the way, turkey hunting.

PRICELESS

Well said and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Poleaxe

It's the getting into it that is so costly. Once you've found the choke of your liking you don't have to spend all the $ on finding the right shells, or searching through tons of calls (mouth, pots, etc) to find the one you like.  Once you get everything it's not as bad.