Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WHERE DO YOU HUNT? PUBLIC LAND OR PRIVATE LAND OR BOTH?

Started by quavers59, December 29, 2016, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

For me now- it is 100% public lands. How many members here also hunt just public lands  and who here just hunts on private land for their Spring turkey hunts??       

guesswho

About 50/50 for me.   The private I hunt is small tract leased properties that get hammered worse than the public.  I've hunted public up North that puts a lot of the private down here to shame.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Old Timer53

buzzardroost

About 50/50. I like public because you can really roam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Double B

Followed by buzzards

paboxcall

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

paintbrush

SwampRooster17

Mostly hunted private only hunted public land a couple times last year have a nice size tract of public half a mile from my house that I plan to hunt this spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaTuRkStOmPeR

100% private locally and 75% public when on the road.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

beakbuster10

Private all the way for gobblers and whitetails, and nearly public all the way for ducks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLGobstopper

About 90 to 95% of my hunting is public. Other than the handful of x's a year I go to a couple friends properties or their leases I'm mainly all public. All depends on how many invites I get. Honestly I much prefer having free reign to go where I want and when I want on public vs. being confined to a small private piece.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

renegade19

About 60/40 Public for birds.  Mostly private for deer with the bow.  50/50 with the slug gun.