OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WHERE DO YOU HUNT? PUBLIC LAND OR PRIVATE LAND OR BOTH?

Started by quavers59, December 29, 2016, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Both. Bout a 50/50 mix.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

TURKEYWHACKER

99% public land Osceolas, although I did take a real nice private land eastern last season

WNCTracker

50% public but prefer private so I can use my full strut decoy too

trad bow

80% public for turkeys. 20% private for turkeys. Right opposite for deer

kyturkeyhunter4

VA_Birdhunter

About 60/40 on public and private in VA.  and 100% private in WV.   Both have been very good to me!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

30_06

Cut N Run

I hunt 70% private to 30% public. Used to be 100% private, but I learned some new land a few counties away that seems to have a good population of birds on it. I'd hunt more public if my name were ever to be drawn to hunt a couple of the gamelands around the big reservoirs near me.  About 95% of the turkeys I've killed have come off private land.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Bowguy

My hunting turks percentage favors private land that isn't exclusive. In fact it's more crowded often than public. Never got the worries over state or why guys think it's harder. Always ways to make distance. A mountain to climb, river to cross or simply just walk a little further.
Killed a large part of my birds on public land, I do enjoy the times I don't need to work so hard though.
Not sure how it is around the country but most guys round here (NJ/NY) quit fairly easy n any weather keeps em home too.

boomer

100% public

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtns2hunt

I used to hunt a lot of public land and then got invited by family to hunt on their land. Now, I hunt private at home and some public out West. Plan on hunting public again as fewer people hunt public here. Been setting up camera's on public. Seeing some very big bucks where everyone says there are none. Also lost two camera's to bears and got some pictures of noses and ears.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

Kylongspur88

50/50. I do like hunting public land for birds. After the first weekend the public crowds really clear out. In late season after most folks have given up public land offers tons of acerage to roam around.

hs strut

100% private for me now. I tried public last year after a friend of my dad invited me down to hunt with them. I got shot at its not a something I ever want to do again. Now I know it could happen on private but I feel the odds are lower.
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

FttFttVroom!

All private......very easy to find accesss around here and few people hunt so I am very luck.