Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WHERE DO YOU HUNT? PUBLIC LAND OR PRIVATE LAND OR BOTH?

Started by quavers59, December 29, 2016, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chordeiles

All public for the last 30 years, finally acquired some private land to hunt so I plan to go about 80 private and 20 public this spring.

dejake

All Public.  The private land I do hunt has open access.

Jroddc

marshboy

slwayne

GobbleNut

After considerable contemplation and the use of my extraordinary math skills which, by the way, are probably beyond the comprehension of most mere mortals,...i.e. I did my guzintas,...I have determined that exactly 93.65% of my turkey hunting is done on public land. 
:toothy12: :angel9: :newmascot: :angel9: :toothy12:

wvmntnhick

Depends on what I'm hunting. I hunted private land exclusively growing up. When I left home I was forced to hunt public because no one would allow me access. After 9 years of searching a guy let me hunt his place for turkeys only. Small piece and it can be a challenge getting them to cooperate but it happens often enough to keep me going back. 10 years of searching I finally found a good place to deer hunt. At this point, the only public land hunting I do is maybe a day for black powder just to stretch my legs a bit and I squirrel hunt public a lot. It's the only place I can run the dogs without much fear of them ending up in someone's yard.

TauntoHawk

mostly private for turkey some public locally but I find access for turkeys is much easier to gain than deer in the NE so I have several turkey only properties which helps.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

quavers59

I had a feeling it would be a combo of both for alot of hunters here. If, I ever win the lottery- I would love to buy 400 acres and post it. A dollar and a dream!

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

MK M GOBL

Seems my home state hunts are 99% private and my out of state hunts are 99% public.

MK M GOBL

turkaholic

Both, but always wondering what side of the sign I'm supposed to be on.
live to hunt hunt to live

Trkyhuntr4life

Nearly 100% public on turkeys in home state.  Probably 90% deer. And 100% public on ducks when I hunted them.  Public or private used to be my first question when talking to someone hunting Mississippi when I was younger and someone was bragging of how many they killed. 9 times outta 10 they were hunting private.  Just smiled and said 'that's awesome' knowing they'd probably not be very 'elite' when they were thrown to the woods n birds I cut my teeth learning the ways on!   ;)

tha bugman

Public 90% of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk