OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Really? Ridiculous!

Started by deerbasshunter3, April 06, 2016, 12:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Quote from: Happy on April 06, 2016, 07:28:58 PM
I don't like the way things have been heading for several years now. In my opinion the kill has taken priority over the hunt. Personally the struggle is what makes the success sweet. Anyone can kill a turkey. There are a lot of people who have done that and never actually hunted. I would challenge people to think about this. If you knew that you would bust your rear end all season long and never kill a bird would you still do it?

Very true, often wondered how many turkey hunters would actually be out there, if they truly had to bust their rear all Season, with no gauantee's?

mike103

It's called a free market.

You can vote with your wallet.

davisd9

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on April 07, 2016, 11:18:57 AM
This is most definitely illegal in South Carolina. I put this up there with the fanning method.

I remember sitting against a tree the other day with a jake making his way to us (we never saw him but we could hear him getting closer) and thinking how exciting it was with just the anticipation of it. This "decoy" would take all of that fun out of it.

How desperate can a person be to feel like they need to not only use a remote controlled decoy to hunt, but to drop $300 on it in the first place. How many marriages will be on the rocks when desperate "hunters" start buying this thing?

Not a fan of it but it is not true it is illegal in SC. The only thing the regs say about decoys is they cannot be live and the only thing about electronics is no electronic calls.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

OldSchool

It could have It's uses. Like running one back and forth across a field at different times on a couple different days, down the road a ways from where you'll be hunting. ;D 

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

g8rvet

I have one and it has been a great addition to my arsenal for turkey hunting.  It makes my personal video production company more likely to be successful so I can stand over the dead bird and scream "Yeah!  Whacking and stacking from us here at WhackerStacker Productions".   Don't be haters. We are natural born turkey whacking studs baby.  My videos go on sale next month.  Our reaping series was a big hit.  Almost as big as our "Walking Cow Decoy" series where we WHACK and STACK Snow geese baby. Oh yeah.  I am working on a single controlled version now and deploying 300 full body snow geese stuffers to walk the flock in to our blinds.  Start with them 1000 yards away and walk them in for some serious WHACKING AND STACKING baby. 

Sign up now for the videos.  We will pre-release them on college campuses around the country.  55.95 for Blue Ray High Def DVD.  We have several rap groups that are vying to supply us with the sound track.  ToneDefSnoopyDude is the leading candidate.  Check us out at I'llDoAnythingToMakeABuck.org. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

greentag

i actually saw one of those things a few years ago at nashville,someone was driving one around there,i thought that they had made it themselves and it was just like a joke,or something turkey related to play with while there,guess i was wrong.im not one to typically judge,but enough is enough,nashville use to be filled with custom call makers and awesome custom calls that i drooled over each year,seems the last 4 or 5 years that the small great call builders has not been getting booths,and the whole place is filled with flat screens showing the lastest greatest things to bushwack a turkey.i am glad that thing will be outlawed here in ky,no electronic devices of any sorts.i want to go back to the way things use to be.booths full of talanted callmakers,rows and rows of calls,not umberellas,huge fans a family of 5 can hide behind and now this.whats sad is people just starting to turkey hunt will think that this stuff is cool and  thats the way to hunt,not just getting out there you and the bird one on one,getting your butt kicked over and over but learning each and every trip out.untill you finally make it happen,and what a feeling you get of knowing you took the king of the woods the right way,cant wait til some ol redneck sees one of these running around and gives it a face full of 5's,as long as no one is around the stupid thing and gets hurt of course.

Cut N Run

Personally, I want two of 'em, so I could race against my buddy when things got slow. 

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

tomstopper

Quote from: Cut N Run on April 08, 2016, 06:33:18 PM
Personally, I want two of 'em, so I could race against my buddy when things got slow. 

Jim
Never thought of that....lol

Trax

I say good, go for it.

I hope more turkey hunters go for the gobbler loungers, the big roomy blinds, the animatronic decoys, and whatever else ties them down. The more guys who think setting up on the edge of some ag field and unloading all their toys is their kind of turkey hunting, the more room there'll be on the ridge tops and the river bottoms for guys like me.

Live and let live. Look for the positive and keep moving.

tha bugman

My kids would love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk