News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Really? Ridiculous!

Started by deerbasshunter3, April 06, 2016, 12:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HFultzjr

Just use a real turkey........
LOL....whatever happened to HUNTING them.

GobbleNut

I'm developing a cannon net system that you just shoot over the roost tree at night.  The next morning you go in there, sort through all of 'em, and keep the ones you want,....don't even have to fire a shot!  Should run about $500,...who wants to get on my pre-order list?

Of course, my "turkey trot line" that I had out a few years ago is also still available.  It is a bit easier.  Comes with 25 hooks.  You run your line out around your feeder or food plot, bait the hooks with corn, and come back after a while and collect your turkeys.  The only problem is that some of the hens swallow the hook and then you have to deal with that little issue.  But hey,...nobody's perfect...
;D ;D ;D :newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot: ;D ;D ;D

Marc

This type of device is used to simply kill a turkey rather than turkey hunt.  If I just want to shoot a turkey, I have a standing invitation to hunt a friend's turkey ranch.

I will actually take the time to write Bass Pro and let them know I think that they are betraying the hunting community in catering to the type of people who would resort to such tactics to "kill" a turkey.  Selling such items shows me that the absolute bottom line is making money, and not the support of the actual hunting community.

I would view a remote controlled decoy as an extremely unfair advantage...   Run it out to the birds, and have them follow it back to you and shoot it (hen decoys will be next)...  NOT hunting...  In no way, shape, manner, or form is that ethical hunting in my book...  Legal or not, that completely defies any of the ethics of hunting that I have grown up with.

I find the use and sale of such decoys unsettling on multiple levels...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

renegade19

Quote from: Marc on April 06, 2016, 03:26:02 PM
This type of device is used to simply kill a turkey rather than turkey hunt.  If I just want to shoot a turkey, I have a standing invitation to hunt a friend's turkey ranch.

I will actually take the time to write Bass Pro and let them know I think that they are betraying the hunting community in catering to the type of people who would resort to such tactics to "kill" a turkey.  Selling such items shows me that the absolute bottom line is making money, and not the support of the actual hunting community.

I would view a remote controlled decoy as an extremely unfair advantage...   Run it out to the birds, and have them follow it back to you and shoot it (hen decoys will be next)...  NOT hunting...  In no way, shape, manner, or form is that ethical hunting in my book...  Legal or not, that completely defies any of the ethics of hunting that I have grown up with.

Well said.

NYlogbeards

Quote from: Marc on April 06, 2016, 03:26:02 PM

I 100% agree but isn't that the point of buying Turkey tags? To kill a turkey if not I would just be a photographer, I understand the point of enjoying the woods and experience but some people don't have time or taking along their kid and might want this device to increase their odds in killing a Turkey and great way to keep a kid calm too by letting them control it, anyways isn't my preferred way to hunt but I don't judge.

Dr Juice

Anything for $$. Ordering two for myself :-)

GobbleNut

wvmntnhick

Ill order mine when I get home from work. It'll look nice beside my blind and full mount gobbler decoy. Lol. To each his own I suppose. If it's legal, have at it but it won't be legal in WV. No electronic devices can be used to take or entice game at this point.

KYHeadhunter02

Its funny because I had told a friend last year how funny it would be to put a hen decoy on an RC car and take it to the woods and video. It would probably be funny how a bird would act. That's as far as my intentions would go. If somebody were to use one to kill a bird they shouldn't be refered to as a hunter or sportsman. JMO

flintlockgirl

If I had 300 dollars, I would put tires on my own truck not a turkeys butt.LOL. IM not sure those would be legal in PA, I'm thinking no.

Marc

Quote from: NYlogbeards on April 06, 2016, 03:40:38 PM
I 100% agree but isn't that the point of buying Turkey tags? To kill a turkey if not I would just be a photographer, I understand the point of enjoying the woods and experience but some people don't have time or taking along their kid and might want this device to increase their odds in killing a Turkey and great way to keep a kid calm too by letting them control it, anyways isn't my preferred way to hunt but I don't judge.

I respectfully disagree...

As ethical sportsmen, we are (or should be) stewards of the sport.  Make sure than hunting remains ethical, and that we correctly utilize the resource.  Part of that involves education future generations of proper ethics and morals when taking them into the field with us.

When my father and grandfather took me hunting, they took great care to encourage and teach ethics;  not only with hunting, but life in general.  It was always taught to me that there is more to hunting than killing something, and that the challenge and fun of hunting is far more satisfying when utilizing proper ethics.

I take both my daughters fishing (3 and 5 years old), and I take my oldest daughter hunting with me.  I take them on trips in which I know there will be some action, and when I know that I can entertain them in other ways.  I would hope that most people enveloped in the hunting community would not take our child out simply to kill something irregardless of the means used (legal or not).

When we take our kids hunting with the bottom line of killing something, I do not think we do them or the future generations of hunting any good at all...  NOT at all.

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Gobble!

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

WNCTracker

The video game generation has gotten old enough to enter the labor force

WNCTracker

Quote from: GobbleNut on April 06, 2016, 02:43:28 PM
I'm developing a cannon net system that you just shoot over the roost tree at night.  The next morning you go in there, sort through all of 'em, and keep the ones you want,....don't even have to fire a shot!  Should run about $500,...who wants to get on my pre-order list?

Of course, my "turkey trot line" that I had out a few years ago is also still available.  It is a bit easier.  Comes with 25 hooks.  You run your line out around your feeder or food plot, bait the hooks with corn, and come back after a while and collect your turkeys.  The only problem is that some of the hens swallow the hook and then you have to deal with that little issue.  But hey,...nobody's perfect...
;D ;D ;D :newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot: ;D ;D ;D
X2 on the cannon net