North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Started by LaLongbeard, March 05, 2016, 04:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

KPcalls

:z-winnersmiley:      ::)      May you be greeted by 30 trucks from Arkansas on opening morning.... :icon_thumright:

The Woodsman

Quote from: KPcalls on March 05, 2016, 06:10:51 PM
:z-winnersmiley:      ::)      May you be greeted by 30 trucks from Arkansas on opening morning.... :icon_thumright:

LOL, nothing like announcing to the world exactly where you will be.... social media kills but good luck.

I will be hunting one of the original 13 states. That's about as detailed as you will get from me....

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: KPcalls on March 05, 2016, 06:10:51 PM
I guarantee that this is a fact!!
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

silvestris

I think Clear Creek is lottery only for the first part of the season.  However, there are a lot of permits issued.  If I had a permit or hunted there after the lottery hunts, I think I would be quiet about it.  I am not ashamed to admit that I lie about where I kill my turkeys, like somewhere vague in some other state that I don't hunt.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

VaTuRkStOmPeR

When someone discloses where they're scouting and what the results are on the Internet.....

tomstopper

Quote from: Phillipshunt on March 06, 2016, 03:00:09 PM
tree rooster...If You don't know and I didn't tell you it's probably non of your business
Damn. I just don't get why people have to be so rude and nasty.... Uncalled for

smalls

Not sure the point of the National Forest mention.  This sounds like your classic misdirection post.

Thank God the first 2 weeks are lottery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

sasquatch1

Smalls, is that you from bayou bucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smalls

Ay, that be me.

sasquatch1

figured that, I read the post more than post myself over there. Good to see some regulars here.

Hooksfan

Quote from: Phillipshunt on March 06, 2016, 03:00:09 PM
tree rooster...If You don't know and I didn't tell you it's probably non of your business
If a fella is a serious turkey hunter, and he's willing to tell the world where he turkey hunts, I wouldn't think there would be anything that could possibly be "none of our business".
So.....what do you plan on taking up for a new hobby since you ain't gonna be turkey hunting next year?

smalls

Quote from: sasquatch1 on March 06, 2016, 09:24:42 PM
figured that, I read the post more than post myself over there. Good to see some regulars here.
I post a lot over there....not so much here...I just spend money, lmao!

This is just dumb...seems like a troll trying to keep people off the National Forest.  Otherwise, no point in mentioning that.

Clif Owen

He's welcome to those birds in Clear Creek. I'm on some in West Bay. And on private land right outside it. I still remember the store out there with all the big rattlers. Seems like a turkey call might serve as a dinner bell for those.

hotspur

Used too hunt there before it got popular, people like to locate with shotguns there. Too easy to access,way too many roads.