turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Started by LaLongbeard, March 05, 2016, 04:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: hotspur on March 07, 2016, 11:48:44 AM
people like to locate with shotguns there.
Seriously?  Dang.

Spitten and drummen

he aint lying about that. I have seen it. guy was trying to make them gobble with a shotgun blast. one of the craziest things I have ever seen.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

smalls

Man, people shoot turkeys off the road up there.  I've heard guys shoot them with rifles (i believe it the way gobblers run at the sight of a vehicle but hens will walk 5 feet from the truck), but I've only actually known of 1 guy to get busted for shooting one from the road.

Problem was, the bonehead shot a decoy...set out by a warden.

I don't know that the amount of roads makes a difference.  It's more the fact that there aren't turkeys spread out over that 50k acre property.  They are more or less concentrated to particular areas, so it concentrates the hunters.  I've never had a problem getting away from hunters, at least not the decent ones.  The assholes don't seem to mind encroaching on another hunter.

I know of 1 road in particular that gets hunted hard, but that is where a lot of birds seem to be.  The birds are also extremely hard to hunt there.

I don't know of any place, outside of the swamp WMAs and Tunica, that require a lot of walking or other modes of transportation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

smalls

Quote from: Phillipshunt on March 07, 2016, 03:20:46 PM
Been working and haven't had time to respond the reason for the post had to do with a post on the LA forum asking about CC and people trying to discourage the guy. I just told what I've seen and heard everybody and his brother knows about CC and if you think you have a secret spot there your retarded.The two with the most complaints smalls being one of them hunts there and probably killed one Jake in his lifetime. I kill my limit every season in multiple states on public land there's always competition deal with it or be a cry baby your whole life.

You're kidding me, right?  Complaining?

And you brought this here, which there was no purpose for.  No post was made here regarding Clear Creek.  So what was the purpose?

The guy asked for opinions on the place.  I gave him an opinion.  I wasn't whining, I wasn't trying to discourage him.  I told him what I've seen hunting the place for the last 5 years.

I never told the guy not to hunt there, I never said anything deceiptful.  I said the place gets pressured, and that it has birds, but they aren't all over either.

If you are suggesting anything otherwise, you're full of it.  I even responded to one of your posts saying that I didn't see that much harm in it, because it didn't give anything substantial up.  Anyone that knows that place knows there are miles of pipelines all over it.  That information is useless.

BTW, aren't you the one that started a whole thread complaining about public land hunters doing just about everything I described?  And you're saying I'm crying?

Come on. 

KPcalls

Been working and haven't had time to respond the reason for the post had to do with a post on the LA forum asking about CC and people trying to discourage the guy. I just told what I've seen and heard everybody and his brother knows about CC and if you think you have a secret spot there your retarded.The two with the most complaints smalls being one of them hunts there and probably killed one Jake in his lifetime. I kill my limit every season in multiple states on public land there's always competition deal with it or be a cry baby your whole life.

I wish everyone would keep the public land comments to PM's personally, but I know that will never happen. Some folk's just  don't realize the  harm that actually comes out of these post.

Philipshunt...reading your last sentence, I would say your what I call a phase two hunter.  I'm guessing you've killed enough suicidal 2 yr. olds to think your God's gift as a turkey hunter. It's ok though a lot of hunters have been there once, but most evolve in time.... ;D

smalls

Quote from: KPcalls on March 08, 2016, 09:37:45 AM
I wish everyone would keep the public land comments to PM's personally, but I know that will never happen. Some folk's just  don't realize the  harm that actually comes out of these

Can't say I've ever experienced anything to say I agree with this.  Clear Creek already gets a lot of pressure, so I doubt it will do much to that.

What I don't get is putting another hunter on blast, and for no good reason at that.  We don't need that kind of crap when the antis are at that in full force already.

Hooksfan

Quote from: smalls on March 08, 2016, 10:32:17 AM
Can't say I've ever experienced anything to say I agree with this.  Clear Creek already gets a lot of pressure, so I doubt it will do much to that.

I am a Louisiana native, and I will agree the internet wont have as big of an impact there because those public areas in Louisiana are already overrun with people and were that way well before the internet.  Also, for the most part, there are not out of state folks knocking down the doors to go to Louisiana as a turkey destination.--Although I was very surprised last year at the number of Arkansas folks for the opening weekend in North Louisiana on public land.
But.....if you hunted the entire state of Kansas ten years ago and went there today, you would see first hand what internet loose lips have created.  I hunted Chadron Nebraska several years ago--Take a look on just this site and see the number of folks heading there for a Merriams.  Just my observation.

davisd9

Quote from: KPcalls on March 08, 2016, 09:37:45 AM

I wish everyone would keep the public land comments to PM's personally, but I know that will never happen. Some folk's just  don't realize the  harm that actually comes out of these post.

Philipshunt...reading your last sentence, I would say your what I call a phase two hunter.  I'm guessing you've killed enough suicidal 2 yr. olds to think your God's gift as a turkey hunter. It's ok though a lot of hunters have been there once, but most evolve in time.... ;D

Haha
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

turkey buster

I live in Vernon Parish and hunt CC, Ft. Polk, Kisatchie, Peason....and so does everyone else! It's been worse the last few years. The hen population is too high and the gobblers are harder to find because of hens and hunting pressure

Fullfan

Quote from: KPcalls on March 05, 2016, 06:10:51 PM
:z-winnersmiley:      ::)      May you be greeted by 30 trucks from Arkansas on opening morning.... :icon_thumright:

That has been the norm is SE Missouri the last several years where we hunt..
Don't gobble at me...

sasquatch1

Nice kills, but I'm wondering, if it's one bird per day, and you killed 2 how are they in the picture together? You killed one Saturday but never cleaned him and saved him "incase" u killed Sunday just for pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooksfan

Haha. Glad you got your birds and glad you don't have to take up knitting. 
Just now saw this today...been chasing turkey for Kansas and Missouri Youth and spent this past weekend in Kansas for the regular opener. Missouri opens in the morning and I get to hunt closer to home. I better find some energy...

LaLongbeard

Hooksfan ...thanks and good luck in Missouri.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Hooksfan

Thanks. I got my best bird of the year this morning 1 1/4" spurs.
My 14 year old and I are both tagged out in Kansas and both tagged out for the next week in Missouri--He got one on the youth hunt.
I have a couple youths lined up for the next few days, but we are expecting rain.

silvestris

I'm confused.  I looked at this thread a few days ago and I am sure Phillipshunt posted a photo of two gobblers he killed on successive days at Clear Creek.  Did anyone else see the missing post?  There may be a very good reason why he deleted the post, and I think I know what the reason is.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game