OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Gun Picture Thread

Started by Ol'Mossy, March 29, 2011, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Remington 870SM in bottomland camo, Mueller Quick Shot, Primos Jellyhead (.665), and a Claw sling.

blgoode

snapper1982

ElkTurkMan

Here are my two dedicated turkey rigs.  The one on the left is my 870 special purpose mag in 12 GA.  Equipped with aTru Glo Gobble stopper red dot, and my choke is the Hevi Choke .662.  It prefers Hevi 2 oz 3" #6's.  The second gun is a newly finished product.  I converted my SP-10 from a goose rig to a turkey rig.  It took me forever to find one, but just recsently I baught a 23" barrell for it.  Then on Sunday I wrapped it in the Mossy oak  wrap kit.  I mounted A Tru-Glo Redot Gobble stopper on it.  Now that it's ready I have to shoot it and see waht is the best.  Shannon hooked me up with a Kicks 690 choke and some federal #7's.  I also have a Rhino 720 and some Nitro 2X5X7 ammo I am going to try.  It will be fun seeing what is best   

albrubacker

Here is my  turkey hammer Super Nova 26", Trulock .660, Win Extd 3 1/2" 6 shot
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

va wingbone

:z-winnersmiley:
Quote from: Daman on February 05, 2013, 09:51:18 AM
Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 04, 2013, 10:38:54 PM
Nova & Sp10

I am so totally stealing you camo idea when I paint the 935!

I love that painted camo!!!
ME TOO! What kind of pattern or stencil did you use?
"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

grousec

Mossy 935 Magnum Pistol Grip Turkey with JellyHead (also have Stardot).

mudhen

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

troutfisher13111

Rem 870sm 12ga
23" barrel
Hevi-13 choke
claw slim sling

Michigander

Posted this in the 20ga forum.

Rossi 20ga, Sumtoy choke, 22 in bbl, shooting Fed HWT 7's. I built a recoil reducing stock for it out of Aluminum and gave it a paint job.

blgoode

Last day of turkey season here

eddie234

My Winchester 1300, tru glo fiber optic sights. Hevi shot choke.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

SCGobbler

Quote from: WiLL B on January 07, 2013, 11:29:38 PM
Benelli SBE 26 inch barrel. I have used it for 12 years now

That is an awesome gun!  Shoots like butter.  My only problem is the barrel length.  I love the short 20"-22" barrels, but I will say I have shot more turkeys with my Benelli SBE, than I have my old Mossberg Ulti-mag.  I don't really like the extended forearm reach I have on my ulti-mag.  Makes it difficult to shuck a shell for a follow-up shot.

Between the two,  I prefer the Benelli.  Its lighter too than my Mossberg.
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

SCGobbler

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on January 08, 2013, 12:10:27 PM
Here she is.... Ol Mossy 835. Right now she rides with a Jelly Head 690, Limbsaver recoil pad and a Bear claw sling. She has a home made raised comb and a set Hi Viz sights. She shootin' 3 ½" M.B.
She gets lonely at times in the off season. She loves long walks in the woods. She also loves the celabratory dancing of slayed gobblers. She is one of a kind. No man may hold,except myself. She is a true turkey slayer!
Her name is Frances.   

And don't call her Francis!
;D

That is the exact same Mossberg I use!  Love that gun, its just heavy and my arms are too short for it.
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

grayfox

Used this this past season. 870 with Magpul stock.