turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What an AMAZING spring!

Started by Executioner, June 17, 2015, 12:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Executioner

It seems that each year God continues to bless me with another spring that tops the previous years endeavors. This year was no exception. It seemed everywhere I went the fish were biting and the turkeys were cooperating! here's a few pics to get you started on how this spring turned out for "The Turkey Killer". God bless. Bear hunt I filmed for Buck Commander Buffalo hunt filmed for buck commander Happiness is a bloody filet board! Smallest fish ever caught Number of fish caught in 87 minutes!
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

cramerhunts

:drool: :drool:

That is A LOT of fish and some really good eating! I'd say an amazing spring fits the bill nicely. Way to go.

Tail Feathers

What?!?!  No dead turkeys????? :z-dizzy:

Looks like you made the best out a spring with no gobblers. :goofball:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Executioner

Even though the hunting was easier this year than in years past, there were some obstacles to overcome, too. From a tick bite last weekend of may, caused sever headaches and joint pain My buddies son's first driving experience in NE LOL Gashed my finger on barbed wire last hunt of season, hadn't had tetanus in YEARS Had a choke blow out on me weather Guess this doesn't count as denim Had a 5 round mma title death match with an ostrich. As you can see I was the victor, but took a pretty good beating. Turns out when you use the Hook's Executioner 2 mouth call you have to be careful what you say around ostriches! Them suckers are MEAN. Good thing I'm in great shape or the outcome could of been a lot worse! Not only am I the turkey whisperer, but also deer too Waiting out a thunderstorm I came upon an owl hideout[/URL[URL=http://s85.photobucket.com/user/ASASIN777/media/Mobile%20Uploads%202/0510151347_zps4856c009.jpg.html] Gotta love wild asparagus And smoked turkey breast Lotsa snakes this spring, especially in TX. Encountered a rattler with 15 rattles and a button When the fish are biting this good its almost hard to focus on turkey hunting. ALMOST
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

Executioner

How bout some head busting pics This one got pretty close, notice the wad in the neck

Executioner

PALongspur

Dude you are the man! Congrats on another unbelievable spring!

I see you're shooting chokes from Rob, what shells you shooting now?

Great photos as always!

Executioner

PLENTY more pics to share from the spring. Will post as I get around to it. I shoot a lot of federal 3rd degree loads anymore. Great open pattern for up close head carnage. Most of my shots are typically under 20 yards and when I'm guiding I'll sometimes let the birds get as close as possible. Had a client shoot a bird this spring at 8 feet lol. Usually don't like to get 'em that close, but had no choice, had to set up on our bellies with the bird coming up hill and us laying close to the rim of the ridge. When he popped up he was IN OUR FACE. That would be the picture of the wad in the turkeys neck. God bless.

mgm1955

Will

Those panfish are on steroids....you boys in the south have some nice pan fishing..I can't imagine what a fish like that is like on a fly rod or ultra light. Not to mention with some cracker meal and hot grease. Nice season!

Onpoint

Quote from: Executioner on June 17, 2015, 09:59:36 PM
PLENTY more pics to share from the spring. Will post as I get around to it. I shoot a lot of federal 3rd degree loads anymore. Great open pattern for up close head carnage. Most of my shots are typically under 20 yards and when I'm guiding I'll sometimes let the birds get as close as possible. Had a client shoot a bird this spring at 8 feet lol. Usually don't like to get 'em that close, but had no choice, had to set up on our bellies with the bird coming up hill and us laying close to the rim of the ridge. When he popped up he was IN OUR FACE. That would be the picture of the wad in the turkeys neck. God bless.
I hunted with the 3rd degrees this year too. I was also impressed with their performance. Killed em from 8 yards out to about 40 with these shells this year. Really like how forgiving they are in close.

Tail Feathers

I knew there had to some dead turkeys in your spring! :TooFunny:

Looks like you had a real good spring.  You used your time wisely. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BowBendr

How many dead gobblers has that leather strap carried over the years Mike ?

Being a Conservative doesn't make me a Republican...

vaturkey

AWESOME pics Mike ! You had a very busy spring ! You & I talked at the NWTF convention about the Trout Magnet ! Is that some that your using in the trout & crappie pics. I'd like to try some. Can you give me some info on size & color. Thanks & enjoy your summer !  :icon_thumright:  Ricky

Also where can I purchase a pair of those Bottomland Bibs ? There Cool !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

Jbird22

Man nothing like feeling the thump of some big ol Sac-a-lait! I had a hard time focusing on turkey pics after seeing all those slabs!

Congrats on an unimaginable Spring!