News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What an AMAZING spring!

Started by Executioner, June 17, 2015, 12:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Executioner

Mid stride running and gobbling
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

honker22

Mike,
You oughta have more sense than to hang with Grubbs!  Other than his ugly mug, great pics!
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

drenalinld

Mike,
Do you use the trout magnets for crappie also or the crappie magnets? Is there a difference?

Executioner

Ol' Grubbs is one of a kind. Had a blast hunting with him. Have him tell you about that bird. Was a great hunt on an ol' long spurred warrior. As for the trout magnets, yes, I use them for crappie too. I mainly fish 2 lb test and vertical jig for crappie, but if we decide to spider rig or troll I love using crappie magnets! Seems the best colors in crappie magnets are glow pop and midnight blue. Best colors in trout magnets are purple redemption, sassy and white.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

Executioner

More pics God bless. Here's one of the coolest gifts I've ever received from someone. What I love about this filet knife is that my wrist doesn't get tired/sore when I filet over 100 crappie at a time! It's LEGIT!

Executioner

The indian creek choke tube just blew out shooting a federal 3rd degree! I talked with Rob Roberts about it extensively and he said it isn't the chokes fault, just that the newer wads are stiffer. Luckily for me the gobbler was 8 steps and it didn't affect the pattern much at that range lol. Now for the ostrich. WHEW! Long story short I was calling up a couple long beards from about 175 yards or so. Had them on a string gobbling every breath and closing the distance rapidly. They stopped gobbling/spit n drumming at 50 yards, couldn't see them until they would be 35 or so. Slipped up to a bush and glassed to try and see them and call loud to make 'em gobble figuring hens had taken them away. Heard something behind me and turned in time to see a male ostrich charging with his wings out and hissing. Turns out he didn't like the yelping I was doing on the Hook's Executioner 2 mouth call and wanted to challenge me in a 5 round mma death match for the title. Knocked the gun out of my hand and wouldn't stop stomping me and pecking at my head with his beak. Good thing I'm in pretty good shape and was a decent wrestler, it saved my life, that and my binoculars that he hit with his big toe when he tried gashing me open on the initial attack! Picked cactus out of my bibs/skin for 2 hours afterwards! Rolled me around and the after marks looked like hogs rooted around the landscape! He wouldn't let me catch my breath for nothing and was relentless trying to kill me. Saw my gun and made a quick barrel roll and grabbed the gun and put it to my hip taking safety off all in one motion and waited for his chest to touch the barrel before shooting. After the shot he continued stomping me and wouldn't stop so I made another quick roll and shucked empty round out as he was dying. WHEW was that close. He jacked my lower back up, knocking it out of place and slightly separated my left shoulder. Turns out he had a nest he was guarding just over a mile from where the attack took place. No clue why he had abandoned guarding that nest and was over by where I was.

jepcho

Unbelievable story man! Idk what I would do if I saw an ostrich charging me. Where did this take place?

Devastator

Great season as always,love the pics.Byle told me bout the ostrich when i saw him in Kansas.

strutstopper

Looks like an awesome spring!! I'm curious though, do you wash your jacket at the end of every season or let it marinate? I've noticed over the years in your pictures that its always been pretty bloody, but this year looks worse than the rest lol.

Executioner

Quote from: strutstopper on June 24, 2015, 01:08:57 AM
Looks like an awesome spring!! I'm curious though, do you wash your jacket at the end of every season or let it marinate? I've noticed over the years in your pictures that its always been pretty bloody, but this year looks worse than the rest lol.
As for my ol tom shirt, I don't wash it. I told my wife, "You know I love you more than anything next to God Almighty, but if you ever wash my turkey killing shirt, I'll kill you, and I'm serious." For some reason she didn't laugh much lol. I do spray disinfectant on it before storing it for the season and anytime it gets sweaty or rained on to kill the stench lol. God bless.

Executioner

Crappie have REALLY been biting decent past couple of days on one of our local lakes. With all of the rain our lake was about 10 foot high Wednesday and they have been releasing water as fast as possible to ahead of the storm that is hitting us now. Thursday the lake was 9 foot high. Didn't bother the fish any. Wednesday's total Kept a few for dinner Thursday's total You know the fishing is getting pretty good when you catch 608 in 2 days fishing. 2 of us fished Wednesday and 3 of us Thursday. God bless.

Executioner

Here's a pic that I'd totally forgotten about. I could FILL a book full of fishing stories about 1 in a million fish I've caught doing things such as this pic. This trout had "passed" another leader and the hook was still stuck inside. I caught the loop of the leader line with my trout magnet jig and a trout must of bit the jig at about the same time and I caught them both. This is the 3rd time I've caught a trout by the loop of the leader line. God bless.

strutstopper

Quote from: Executioner on June 26, 2015, 01:22:39 AM
Quote from: strutstopper on June 24, 2015, 01:08:57 AM
As for my ol tom shirt, I don't wash it. I told my wife, "You know I love you more than anything next to God Almighty, but if you ever wash my turkey killing shirt, I'll kill you, and I'm serious." For some reason she didn't laugh much lol. I do spray disinfectant on it before storing it for the season and anytime it gets sweaty or rained on to kill the stench lol. God bless.

Lol that's awesome!