turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What an AMAZING spring!

Started by Executioner, June 17, 2015, 12:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Executioner

Ricky, the trout magnets I use are one size. You can order them direct from trout magnet. I use mostly chartreuse heads and I'll also use panfish magnet heads if they are short striking. Best colors are purple redemption, sassy pink/salmon fix, cotton candy, pink, millie, gainer, purple haze, bison, red, white. With those colors you can catch any type of fish til you are wore out! It is quite simply the greatest lure ever invented! Only lures I carry in my tackle box. The key to catching them when no one else is, is to use 2 lb sos line of theirs AND their 2 lb. fluorocarbon line! I like to also use a panfish bobber and add a couple bb split shot to get the lure down in current. Worse day trout fishing since I started using trout magnets properly has been a 20 fish day, and it was that slow because I kept missing fish and couldn't catch 'em lol. Let me know how the system works for you when you get 'em! A bad day of crappie or bream fishing for us using them is 100 fish a day. I will double rig the jigs using a palomar knot. Good luck and God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Executioner

How bout some spur pics Lotsa birds with "jake" spurs, mini spurs or no spurs this year. Believe I watched 15 die that had this going on this spring, weird year for sure. And before someone asks, they all had 8 inch plus beards with these spurs, and were all rios/merriams/hybrids.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

Executioner

It was a good year for taking 1st time hunters and kids as well. Enjoy. This one got shot with a crossbow by Gracie Herman at 6 yards, and it had rained that night, after the shot I was up and running like back in my track days and snatched 'em up, thus the loss of feathers lol

Executioner

Clients shot a couple color phase birds this year as well. Very unique colorations on a few. Was the first year I visited Florida to chase osceolas, too. We hunted the last week of the season in mid april and I'd heard horror stories about how they don't gobble/respond to calling well. Needless to say clients got done day 1 and 3 birds that I called to all came in about as fast as you could ask for a turkey to do. Called passive at first for once just to see if what I'd heard was right. Birds didn't respond the way they should in my opinion, so I cranked up the calling more to my liking and the gobblers agreed once that happened. Lots more pics to show off as time allows, only had 2 clients not shoot birds this year and one was due to missing/spooking birds and the other clients son got cold that morning and couldn't wait a couple minutes for the bird to make his way into range, it had covered a lot of ground quickly coming to the calling, but his son had gotten wet and was cold and was ready to go. They just got up and spooked the bird. Guiding can be really frustrating at times, clients don't "THINK" bout you having to guide the rest of the season sometimes lol. God bless.

jordanz7935

:theman:. Congrats on an awesome spring!All i can say is wow! All those gobblers didnt have a chance once you rolled into town. Thanks for the info about the trout magnet. Yea i have a few buddies who guide and they say it can be the most rewarding yet most frustrating job a diehard turkey hunter could have. This may be speculation, but it appears that the best turkey hunters in the country have one thing in common.MO Bottomland.My favorite pattern for spring gobblers also.

vaturkey

Thanks for the info Mike !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

Executioner

Few more pics to share of beards and some carnage. God bless. What happens when I hit a gobbler at full speed and he tries to get away. Yes, I'm a taxidermists worst nightmare lol Gobbler that Melissa Bachman shot with me this spring YUMMY!!!

deerhunt1988

OK. you've got to expand on the ostrich story. I've had a frightening encounter with an ostrich before too and wasn't armed!

Congrats on another spectacular season. Looking forward to more pics!

chatterbox

Awesome pics, Mike!
Thanks for sharing! :icon_thumright:

huntmaster80

WOW What an AWESOME SPRING (I'm jealous).  Congratulations on a great spring!!!!! 

catdaddy

I love your pics Mike--just Great!!  Your a fine fellow!!

Fullfan

Congrats on a great spring. What was  the story on the Choke tube??
Don't gobble at me...

Executioner

Here are the color phased birds from this spring. This is a black phased merriams that a client shot with me. Had seen the bird over a mile and a quarter from where we shot him at, 3 days prior to killing him. He was a rambler and didn't like making himself visible for too long. The black phased merriam is the rarest of all turkeys, they estimate 1 in 50,000! I killed one myself back in 2010, so lighting has struck twice for me. This gobbler had one of the most vocal hens I've ever encountered. Wish I would have videos her, she came to within 7 feet of me, she was so close I could see the dew dripping from her beak with each cutting/yelping sequence she would reply back to me with! Here's the gobbler A pic of his tail fan Here's my osceola clients from my 1st trip to hunt florida, took one day

Executioner

Few more pics of carnage God bless. Special hunt with grand national champion Gracie Herman and World Champion Steve Morgenstern Wonder where this gobbler spent most of his time? Couple familiar faces Great flash hunt with Melissa Bachman which will air on her show next year sometime Their lucky day Ouch Old crust headed gobbler Couple familiar faces hunting some property I manage for deer in the winter Love hunting long spurred hard headed southern turkeys! My black phase merriams wing