OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

3rd degree must be pitiful

Started by madstrutter, March 07, 2015, 08:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madstrutter

3rd degree has been on shelves for a month and I haven't seen a single pattern posted on any forums. This time last year there were hundreds of threads on different forums about Longbeards. I've heard a little about 3rd degree... Everyone says they don't shoot good, no patterns posted though.

ericjames

I haven't seen even one pattern from them posted anywhere yet.

drum817

Lol !!!!  Federal needs to ditch that pain in the butt flight control wad if they EVER want to have a chance against the longbeards!!!  Their r & d department obviously needs a MAJOR overhaul!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

DirtNap647

hs strut

I tried 2 of these shells one in my patternmaster code black .665 and one in a non ported .670 Mossberg choke they were pitiful I threw the boards away with the pm I got 65 pellets in the 10'' and with the .670 I got 80 i think they could be a great shell if they would quit using that flight control wad both shells were shot in a 535 with a 28'' barrel that was clean
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

alclark2

Quote from: hs strut on March 08, 2015, 12:51:27 PM
I tried 2 of these shells one in my patternmaster code black .665 and one in a non ported .670 Mossberg choke they were pitiful I threw the boards away with the pm I got 65 pellets in the 10'' and with the .670 I got 80 i think they could be a great shell if they would quit using that flight control wad both shells were shot in a 535 with a 28'' barrel that was clean

I can get over 100 with a dirty gun using the federal turkey thugs..
Where does R&D get the idea that anyone will buy this stuff??? Why would I spend twice as much for less results. It sounds like Federal needs to get the marketing department to do an extensive market research survey to get back on track with the interests of hunters.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

born2hunt

I had a guy at Bass pro ask me about them today. He said they were supposed to be great.  I politely directed him over to the LBs and Fed HWs and told him there was just to many good results with these two to be trying new crap. I believe he was gonna buy the 3rds before I swayed him.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

K9Doc

Federal is Asleep at the Wheel!!! :morning:
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

drum817

Quote from: born2hunt on March 09, 2015, 09:40:11 PM
I had a guy at Bass pro ask me about them today. He said they were supposed to be great.  I politely directed him over to the LBs and Fed HWs and told him there was just to many good results with these two to be trying new crap. I believe he was gonna buy the 3rds before I swayed him.

You did that guy a BIG favor!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

deerbasshunter3

Is the 3rd Degree along the same lines as the Spectra White Lightening?

fountain2

^ worse imo.  probably along the lines of the hornady shells

ericjames

A friend of mine bight some and I asked him if he would send me a pattern pic when he shot the. Well he did. This was a 26"870 I can't remember what choke. This was at 40 yards.

ericjames

For comparison this was 3"# 5 longbeards at 40.

BINK McCARTY

:character0029:IMO.... Federal needs to up the 3 1/2" payload on th HW to 2 oz. and 1 7/8ox. on the 3" and possibly try them WITHOUT the flite control wad.