3rd degree must be pitiful

Started by madstrutter, March 07, 2015, 08:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

Quote from: Onpoint on April 28, 2015, 02:27:59 PM
Quote from: VAarrowslinger on April 28, 2015, 01:41:00 PM
Is this jebs choke ported?
Yes it is.
I love the 3rd degree shells. Plenty good enough to kill at 40 and very forgiving at 20

trkehunr93

Quote from: Onpoint on April 28, 2015, 02:30:58 PM
Yes it is.
I love the 3rd degree shells. Plenty good enough to kill at 40 and very forgiving at 20
Do you by chance have a pic of the pattern, just curious as to what they look like.

learn2hide

My cousin has shot 4 turkeys this year with the 3rd Degree shells...said they were all 25-40 yards and since turkey killing is really the important thing, I guess they pass the basic test.  He was shooting them through a Benelli Factory Full choke...obviously from what has been posted they don't pattern "great" but apparently they will kill turkeys at normal ranges
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Onpoint

Quote from: trkehunr93 on May 01, 2015, 08:49:23 AM
Quote from: Onpoint on April 28, 2015, 02:30:58 PM
Yes it is.
Do you by chance have a pic of the pattern, just curious as to what they look like.
I will dig through what patterns I have left to see if I can find them. 

trkehunr93

Quote from: learn2hide on May 02, 2015, 09:32:47 PM
obviously from what has been posted they don't pattern "great" but apparently they will kill turkeys at normal ranges

That is all you need a shotshell to do!  Amen.

BowBendr

Quick, somebody jump over into the general forum and tell The Executioner that the 3rd degree shells are no good....
HeHeHe

Being a Conservative doesn't make me a Republican...

owlhoot

My jebs choke arrived this weekend and it puts 120-130 in the 10 with 3" 3rd degree
[/quote].   Forgiving up close and 120-130. Ain't nothing wrong with that right there.

dzsmith

im not gonna lie....I wasn't a believer about the longbeards until I tried them this year. they shoot better from my 870 than my nitros ...not to mention they are 20 bucks!!!!I shot federal heavy weight mag #5s 3 years ago.....they patterned worst than Remington nitro turkeys or double x.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

BandedSpur

Not surprised the HW5s patterned poorly - not many pellets in that load. There is no reason to shoot pellets larger than 7s in HWs unless it's some state's misguided law regarding pellet size. The 7s have more pellet energy than you will ever need.

dzsmith

Quote from: BandedSpur on July 17, 2015, 07:36:56 AM
Not surprised the HW5s patterned poorly - not many pellets in that load. There is no reason to shoot pellets larger than 7s in HWs unless it's some state's misguided law regarding pellet size. The 7s have more pellet energy than you will ever need.
and that's the truth....they just don't have enough pellets
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

tha bugman

Shot some out of my Remington this afternoon...it was ok but the 3" magblends did just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tha bugman

Quote from: drum817 on March 07, 2015, 08:58:31 PM
Lol !!!!  Federal needs to ditch that pain in the butt flight control wad if they EVER want to have a chance against the longbeards!!!  Their r & d department obviously needs a MAJOR overhaul!!!
the flight control has too many restrictions...no ports no this no that...I like versatility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk