Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If Turkeys *COULD* Smell, What Would You Do?

Started by bamagtrdude, January 12, 2015, 12:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagtrdude

Ok, this is probably a pretty silly question to be asking, but ...  hey, it's the off-season, so what the hay?!?!  We don't have anything better to do now but discuss silly stuff, right??

You know the old saying, "If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill 'em".  Well...  What if they *COULD* smell?  How would YOU go about killing them?  I've got some thoughts/theories, but ...  curious to hear what you'd do different, if turkeys did have the capability to smell/wind you.

GO!

BGD
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

jblackburn

I'd use a .223 and shoot them from 200 yards away.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

stinkpickle

dejake

make a ton of money marketing hen cover scent.

bamagtrdude

---

bamagtrdude

---

jakesdad

I guess i'd have to buy all the Scent-Lok gear and one of those Ozonics contraptions. Mr TV big buck hunter says I cant kill big deer without out so I'm guessing turkeys would be the same.

In all seriousness i'd do the same thing I do deer hunting..................play the wind.Then I would proceed to kill some turkeys and not kill some turkeys,same as deer.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

born2hunt

A bird that could smell would probably be closest compared to coyotes. There smart and tough to hunt but when you pay attention to the details you can get it done.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

J Hook Max

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Bigspurs68

Well, I'd scout harder trying to locate the dumb ones.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

mgm1955