Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If Turkeys *COULD* Smell, What Would You Do?

Started by bamagtrdude, January 12, 2015, 12:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

Sounds like elk hunting during the rut.  Stay down wind......period, and maybe post the shooter downwind of the set up.  It would just take a little more thought for the setup.
If it would send the masses out fishing .......... I wish they could smell.

Ishi

The Spirit Lives On

deerbasshunter3

Much like bowhunting deer, I would probably quickly get tired of the 1,000 steps that I take to be "scent free". I would then take up fishing and golf until deer season.

jmasters

I'd sit here at the house and watch 'Golden Girl' re-runs with the wife.

Kylongspur88

Gobble!

JLH

Gumby

Quote from: guesswho on January 30, 2015, 08:49:31 PM
I'd have to change locator calls.

Now that's funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank G

Quote from: bamagtrdude on January 12, 2015, 12:05:38 PM
Ok, this is probably a pretty silly question to be asking, but ...  hey, it's the off-season, so what the hay?!?!  We don't have anything better to do now but discuss silly stuff, right??

You know the old saying, "If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill 'em".  Well...  What if they *COULD* smell?  How would YOU go about killing them?  I've got some thoughts/theories, but ...  curious to hear what you'd do different, if turkeys did have the capability to smell/wind you.

GO!

Interesting question, have often thought that myself. If they had olfactory sense, the only option would be the same as white tail. Get up in a tree stand and wait.  :fud: It would help me quit smoking for sure!  :OGani:
BGD

Frank G  In Tennessee

Frank G

Quote from: jblackburn on January 12, 2015, 12:22:16 PM
I'd use a .223 and shoot them from 200 yards away.

:smiley-char092:
Good choice, wish we could here in TN. If that were legal I could tag out in a week.  :drool:

Frank G  In Tennessee

porcupine

it would give me another excuse....the wind shifted and he caught my scent :lol: