Main Menu

Who's Switching from Hevi 13 to LB's

Started by Spring Creek Calls, November 20, 2014, 04:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USMC0331

I shoot what my shotgun patterns best.

owlhoot

Quote from: Ihuntoldschool on February 09, 2015, 06:50:18 PM
It amazes me how people judge a kill by the flop. If he is flopping with his head down he is dead, period. As far as them trying to run away after being hit with lead, you missed the vitals if that happened.
Friend of mine shot one with a load of 5 with a 3 1/2" inside 35 yards, rolled it right over. Next thing it was up in the air flying, i jumped up and dropped him with a 3 1/2" 4 shot. he bounced on the ground and lay still, no flopping, nothing. As we stood there talking about how in the world he didn't kill that turkey and me saying dang i dropped it out of the air, no problem. All of the sudden another tom raced by the fence 3 feet from us. Well it wasn't another Tom. He jumped the fence easily, He is 6 foot 7" and the chase was on. 3 shots later he came back across the field with the bird. I laughed so hard it hurt.
Now i step on the head and try to get there quick, don't care if they are flopping or not.
They  ;) ;)aint tough though.

worth612000

Reply 122, we have stretched this too far. Everybody needs to shoot what they feel works for them. If you can take a bird at 20 miles away we don't want to hear about it, keep it to your self. Good night!

DirtNap647