OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who's Switching from Hevi 13 to LB's

Started by Spring Creek Calls, November 20, 2014, 04:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Creek Calls

I have 11 Hevi 13 #7's (12 ga.) left and then I'm going to Longbeard #6's. Most of the Hevi's have lost the buffering, so depending on how those pattern, maybe making the switch sooner than later. I will be sticking with Heavyweight 7's for the 20 ga. Just wondering if anyone else will be moving to the dark side?
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

davisd9

I am going to shoot the boxes of Hevi that I have then I am going to Nitros. If there is a time that I financially have to go back to lead then I will and lead will kill fine as long as you stay within 40 and know limitations of it, but the same is said about heavier than lead. Good luck and I know you will stack the birds up.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Longshanks

I have a bunch of boxes of Hevi 3/2/6's, 3/2/7's and 3.5/2.25/7's. That being said I have several boxes of the 3" Win LB's 5's and 6's.  Consistent patterns with the 6's. Wont buy anymore Hevi 13. Price is going up and the quality going down. By the time I run out of Hevi 13 they will probably have come a long way with lead shells and the LB's won't be the only high performance lead load around.

Devastator

I don't shoot hevi shot,i shoot H.W. 7's in a 10,12-3",12-3 1/2",and 20 and have a lifetime supply of all!But if i had too, I would shoot the longbeards with complete confidence in all guns!!!Modern tech these day's blow's my mind,only thing is finding where to buy most of the new stuff!!

Switched from hevi to LB's this past season.They did great,no need to use anything else.

R AJ

So many of the Hs /Hw/ etc. bought up but I also have the LBs and if they were in the 20 I'd not hesitate to sell my hevi loads and finish out my last few years with Lbs and Win HVs lead.

Let's just say that this Longbeard is among the best lead shells to come out in the past 25 years in my opinion.

This is an especially nice option for the fixed choke guys. I have absolute confidence that these shells in 20 gauge #6 shot would sell like hotcakes. Hello???? Winchester, do you hear us????? Pleeezze.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Quotefinish out my last few years with Lbs and Win HVs lead.

Hopefully, you have Many years left to go.  :icon_thumright:

chatterbox

Not me. Got plenty of Hevi-13 to last quite a while.

captin_hook

Once I run out ove hevi, I'm making the switch

MACHINIST

I made the switch last year after I patterned the LB's.Better pattern at a longer range and a bit cheaper...win win

spur collector

Still have a few boxes of hevi, when there done I'm going LB

ericjames

I switched in the 12 but the 20 will be HW unless winchester surprises us with the 6's LB for the 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwr

Jbird22

It will take me SEVERAL years to run out of Hevi-13. I also have a pile of Thugs for my son if he ever wants to turkey hunt.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Lead isn't hevi shot..... Why anyone would ever switch back to a lesser product is beyond me!