OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Funniest/Weirdest/Craziest Thing You've Ever Called In

Started by jblackburn, March 04, 2014, 03:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank G

Not exactly a call "in" but more of a "calling". Have a good friend an avid WT hunter. He hates turkey, all the noise they make when he's hunting. To me they are "confidence" decoys to deer, if turkey are around must be OK. Anyhow, he is a "long before" the sun comes up hunter. Crawles up into a two man stand places his "brand new" 308 with new Leupold across the gun rail, he's ready to go now. Just about sun up a few turkey start off the roost. Well one was perched in a tall pine right above him and took a "crap" ..................SPLAT right on his brand new rifle, smack dab on the bolt, trigger and scope.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: He was livid, had to be there. Now he really HATES turkey. True story   :funnyturkey:

Frank G  In Tennessee

busta biggun

I called a bobcat to my feet one day. Didn't know he was there. I uncrossed my legs and the grass exploded as this thing took off. Scared the snot outta me. The strangest though was calling in a male peacock from a neighboring farm. Never got him into full strut though! ;-)

ncturkeytalk

Coyote, 2 different lime truck spreaders a year apart, in different locations, had decoys out, did not seem to matter, they hit the field and hit the gas, hunt over.
Called in a 7' black snake with a box call ( maybe a snake charmer). I was using my box call and watching all the rabbits running all around me 6-7, some right by my feet. Then i happened to look down and 7' black snake was streatched out looking at hand area, with his head up in the air, wandered what to do. I pinched the lid of the box call to the box, so i could hold it tight and with all of one motion hit him in the head.

allaboutshooting

Cows, 3 pit bulls at one time, coyotes, owls, hawks, other dogs, hunters...

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

nativeks

The 2nd time I ever turkey hunted we knew nothing about it. We were just hunting because the guy we quail hunted on said if we wanted to hunt quail we had to hunt turkeys. Anyway the 2nd time out I called in a rooster pheasant, and I am in a part of Kansas that doesn't have pheasants.

slamman

I've called in elk, deer, coyotes, bobcats but the wildest thing I've called in was a Mt. Lion.

jwhunter

On opening day last year my dad and I were hunting together he was filming. We were set up in a log pile where a dozer pushed up some brush in some clear cut woods. A bobcat snuck up behind us and ounces on my dads leg. He jumped up and yelled. Lol

hoyt

I called these two otters in one morning in Greenswamp East, WMA in SW, Fl. I was using a mouth diaphragm call.

Should have been a much better picture..they came right up to  me..I forgot to zoom or something..can't remember.

Rio Fan

I had a cougar within 20 yards of me.  Also had a wolf working his way towards me and a buddy, but he stopped about 70 yards away from us and didn't get any closer.  Had a few coyotes get pretty close to me as well.

danny

Every year I call in a coyote.  Last year I called in 3 on 3 different days.  They all came to me on a dead run....their last runs....Danny

CrustyRusty

I was hunting behind a spillway from a reservoir working a box call I had made when I see a car pull up to the gate.  A young woman gets out and starts walking toward the dam when she pulls out a camera.  She's looking around and then pulls her top off and starts taking pictures of herself.  I was maybe 20 yards away watching this whole thing and cracking up.  After 20 minutes or so she gets dressed and leaves having no idea I was there.   I bring that call with me everywhere I hunt now but haven't had that kind of luck ever since! :drool:

renegade19

Quote from: CrustyRusty on March 06, 2014, 03:44:38 PM
I was hunting behind a spillway from a reservoir working a box call I had made when I see a car pull up to the gate.  A young woman gets out and starts walking toward the dam when she pulls out a camera.  She's looking around and then pulls her top off and starts taking pictures of herself.  I was maybe 20 yards away watching this whole thing and cracking up.  After 20 minutes or so she gets dressed and leaves having no idea I was there.   I bring that call with me everywhere I hunt now but haven't had that kind of luck ever since! :drool:

Too bad it quit working.  I was gonna offer to buy it!

tomstopper

Quote from: renegade19 on March 06, 2014, 04:51:48 PM
Quote from: CrustyRusty on March 06, 2014, 03:44:38 PM

Too bad it quit working.  I was gonna offer to buy it!
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: Probably would have been the most expensive turkey call ever sold.....

gobbler777

Bald eagles ran strutters out of the field. They were working my way when the eagle swooped down and they ran in. The eagles perched and waited. Sure enough, about 10 mins later the gobblers returned and the eagles ran them out a second time ... this time not to return. With the live birds, they never bothered my decoys.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland