turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Funniest/Weirdest/Craziest Thing You've Ever Called In

Started by jblackburn, March 04, 2014, 03:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COssman14

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

chatterbox

I have called in fisher and coyote, but one of the funniest things that ever happened was when I was field hunting.
I had set up pretty early on the edge of this field. I had placed my decoy, and was got back in my blind. By sunup, I had a few hens investigate my decoy. Now the wind picked up, and my deke started spinning, well, this got the girls nervous, but that was nothing compared to when a gust of wind blew my deke right off the stake, and it started bouncing down the field! They took off like a shot!
One of the funniest things I ever saw!

jblackburn

Quote from: CrustyRusty on March 06, 2014, 03:44:38 PM
I was hunting behind a spillway from a reservoir working a box call I had made when I see a car pull up to the gate.  A young woman gets out and starts walking toward the dam when she pulls out a camera.  She's looking around and then pulls her top off and starts taking pictures of herself.  I was maybe 20 yards away watching this whole thing and cracking up.  After 20 minutes or so she gets dressed and leaves having no idea I was there.   I bring that call with me everywhere I hunt now but haven't had that kind of luck ever since! :drool:

Lucky dog!  I've only had other fat, male turkey hunters come to my set up!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

nickhrp

A loose pen goat from the neighboring farm in a blind  and come in behind me couldn't see it made a goat noise scared the scrap out me caught me off guard wasn't expecting that

God bless the outdoors

God Bless the Outdoors

hs strut

believe it or not but i called in someones chickens
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

Hooter

Quote from: flintlock on March 04, 2014, 06:59:50 PM
The trespassing POS from the next farm over, twice in the same day.  Round 2 almost had me laughing and he just shrugged his shoulders and left!  LOL
:TooFunny:

Vabirddog

Any manner of predators, coyote, fox, bobcat, bear ( neat but tense for a moment) but the craziest was a hen. I heard what I thought was a hog after a series of calls, snorting, gagging, deep gutteral sounds this was no fighting agressive purr. I called again and it was coming right to me. I actually got to my feet, no way was i gonna let that thing catch me on the ground, I was shocked when a hen walked out!

RutnNStrutn

I've called in lots of deer and coyotes. But the oddest things I've ever called in was an eagle and cows.
I called in a couple of cows one time. The biggest one came in, sniffed my decoy, and then grabbed it in its mouth and walked off with it. I had to jump up, chase and yell at the cow to get it to drop my deke. :lol: ;D
Another time, in Oklahoma, a herd of about 100 cows came in, crowded around my decoy spread and stared at them. I got up and chased them off, but 10 minutes later, they were back. That time my buddy chased them off, but when they started to return, we packed up and moved.
I also called in a bald eagle one time. It flew in and perched above a lone hen deke. It was eyeing her really hard, and I figured it was just a matter of time until the eagle pounced. I was right!! :o After 10 minutes, the eagle swooped down, grabbed my deke and flew off. It finally dropped the decoy when it realized it wasn't real. That deke had several talon holes in it.

J Hook Max

I once called in a fox that had a dead chicken in his mouth.

turkey_slayer

I had done called in this gobbler 3 times that morning but he never offered a shot. Fourth time I could see him about 60 yards and he was strutting back and forth inching a little closer. I hear something behind me and am thinking deer and I thought crap they are going to wind me and blow out of there spooking the bird. A branch snaps and I thought ol !$&# as I had a feeling what it was then. I wheeled around and sure enough I'm staring face to face with a sow and cubs. I stand up and holler and finally after a little persuasion she took her little ones back off the mtn. Gobbler is probably still running. Have had em spook birds 2 other times.

CT Spur Collector

Red fox, bobcat, cows, two horses and bad hunters!

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck