turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Funniest/Weirdest/Craziest Thing You've Ever Called In

Started by jblackburn, March 04, 2014, 03:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GomerPyle

A redneck on a 4 wheeler. Well I didn't actually call him in so much as decoy him. I was at the far end of a long narrow pasture. He was crossing at the other end about 300 yds away. He was almost completely across when he stopped and backed up. Then he came all the way down the field and road to within 20 yds of my decoys and stopped. Stared at them for a couple minutes before leaving.
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"

tomstopper

Predators but the craziest has been about 4 geese in a corn field who absolutely did not like my decoy. It was a foam one and they tore it to shreds......

Tail Feathers

I called in a cow elk, a bobcat and a bear.

OK, the bobcat was sitting there staring at me when it suddenly wheeled away and stared down the draw away from me.  That's when the big black bear went wandering by about 80 yards away.

I don't really think I called it in but I'm sure the bobcat was interested in my calling.  The cow elk came right up behind me in NE TN (same trip as the bear).  My buddy called up a raghorn spike at the same spot the next day.  Still had his small rack in early April.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

cnette01

I have had deer, coyotes, owls, and a bobcat come into my setup.  The strangest thing I ever saw come in was a guy driving a pickup truck.  It was on public land, and no vehicles are allowed past a certain point.  He had to be at least 500 yards from where he could legally drive and looked lost.

Ruger M77

coons a coyote and sadly a hunter that came in gun in the ready position that he whipped to his shoulder when I waved at him!! I yelled and brought my gun up only time in my life I've ever pointed a gun at  somebody scared the crap outta me figured if he was gonna shoot me I was gonna shoot back. I shouldn't even refer to him as a hunter slob would be more appropriate
I eat therefore I hunt

CASH

Called in another hunter that snuck in on the other side of our birds we were working. He shot and the pellets hit a few feet to our left
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

FloppinTom

Quote from: highwaygun on March 04, 2014, 06:31:58 PM
I called in a group of hens last year that had a tame albino peacock hen with them. She thought she was a turkey and so did they from the way they acted. If it would have been peacock gobbler I would have had to put my last tag on it. Found out later that a neighboring property owner has bunches of them so it was just wondering with some friends I guess.

Three years ago I called in a male peacock that was hanging with a gobbler. I could have killed the peacock twice but never got a shot on the gobbler. My buddy thought I was nuts till he looked thru my nikon turkey scope and saw the peacock down the ridge.
Go early, stay late, be patient and sit still.

stinkpickle

Probably the bobcat that brushed up against me while sneaking on my decoy.

Eric Gregg

I have called in hoot owls directly overhead, and one time I had a red tail hawk swoop in on my decoy and attack it.

tomstopper

Quote from: CASH on March 04, 2014, 09:28:34 PM
Called in another hunter that snuck in on the other side of our birds we were working. He shot and the pellets hit a few feet to our left
I would have had a hard time not kicking that guys a$$......

CASH

Quote from: tomstopper on March 05, 2014, 06:18:31 AM
Quote from: CASH on March 04, 2014, 09:28:34 PM
I would have had a hard time not kicking that guys a$$......

We never saw him, but I'm sure we scared the piss out of him with return fire, sort of. I fired a few rounds into the ground.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

MouthCaller

Called in a strutting hen once... no beard or I would've laid the hammer on her lol also had a bobcat approach me and my cousin as we were trying to locate a gobbler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

IowaGobblers

Had 3 horses come in and knock down the decoys and after placing them back up the horses clung to me like puppies.  Sufficiently ruined my hunt.

northms

I've hard cows come in and "play" with my feather flex decoys.  Spinning them around the stake with their noses.  Sigh....

JuniorPre 360

I was calling a flock of ducks out in a flooded pasture one season. I fell asleep for maybe 5 minutes and awoke to a horse with my duck call in his mouth. The sound of the call is what made me wake up.