OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Funniest/Weirdest/Craziest Thing You've Ever Called In

Started by jblackburn, March 04, 2014, 03:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

I saw this older video of Alex Rutledge calling in/running off a horse and it got me thinking about things I have called in besides turkeys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5fSqJIqBE4

I called in an entire herd of cattle, probable 30 head of mostly yearlings one time who were very interested in my decoys.  It took three attempts to run them off, but I still killed that gobbler.

Also had coyotes and dogs some investigate.

What have you all had come check out your calling besides turkeys?
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Gooserbat

Yotes, Bobcats, Crows, Owls, Hawks, and imho once a Buzzard.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jblackburn

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 04, 2014, 03:38:22 PM
Yotes, Bobcats, Crows, Owls, Hawks, and imho once a Buzzard.

I forgot that I called in a buzzard once!  It swooped a strutter that was about 40 yards away and actually pushed it closer!  That was Brad's first gobbler.

I guess we can't say we "called in" that crop duster last year, can we?
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

bamagtrdude

Well, I wouldn't say I "CALLED" them into me, but one of the craziest things was I had the guys @ Ft. Hood doing the helicopter training exercises "buzz" me from time to time!!!  I don't know how they spotted me, but it *ALWAYS* stunned me how quiet the 'copters were; they liked to do that as I put on my snake boots, before the hunt - a LOT!

Dunno if they were "loaded", but it always freaked me out, having all those guns pointing at me!!  ??
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

renegade19

Coyotes.  Had a Barred Owl swoop down out of a tree and try to snatch a Zara Spook off the top of the water last year. Lucky, I saw him coming.

VA_Birdhunter

Thats funny!!  I would hate for that to happen to me though!  I have called in a few predators,  a few hunters and had to run off a few cows.  But no horses yet!!!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

mudhen

Had a Sceery decoy ripped to shreds by a Golden Eagle....

Called in more coyotes than I can count, most died...

Cows, yeah, that's tough to do, dang things kick my decoys...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

redleg06

I called in a river otter last year....no joke.

We (yep I have a witness and it's on camera) were about 500-600yds from the closest creek or river and saw this crazy looking thing running right at us. We had set up on a gobbler that was coming out of a wood lot up on to a power line, where we were waiting. We heard the leaves crunching and could tell something was coming fast and out popped this otter. He comes in to about 20yds of us, stopped, looked right at us for a second, and then turned right back around and left the same way he came.... I would have never believed it if I hadnt seen it myself.

highwaygun

I called in a group of hens last year that had a tame albino peacock hen with them. She thought she was a turkey and so did they from the way they acted. If it would have been peacock gobbler I would have had to put my last tag on it. Found out later that a neighboring property owner has bunches of them so it was just wondering with some friends I guess.

flintlock

The trespassing POS from the next farm over, twice in the same day.  Round 2 almost had me laughing and he just shrugged his shoulders and left!  LOL
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

alloutdoors

Had a big bobcat come in one morning. I lip squeaked and he came stalking up onto a rock that I later measured at 6 feet from my boots. Thought I might be about to have a bobcat in my lap when he suddenly figured out something was up and hurried out of there.

One of the farms I hunt has draft horses that follow me around like big (really big) puppy dogs when I walk through their pasture. I have to try to set up out of their sight or they won't leave me alone.

Kilchis