turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your go to call?

Started by AlabamaLongbeards, February 24, 2014, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlabamaLongbeards

Whats everyones go to or favorite call in the turkey woods?

For me its a Woodhaven Cherry Classic Crystal call. And when they get a little closer I use a Woodhaven Legend Series slate.

Whats everyone else's favorite?

WildTigerTrout

Primos "True Double" and "True Triple" stacked frame mouth calls. IMO they are PURE turkey.  :icon_thumright:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

renegade19

Hooks Enforcer mouth call or a  Stone Road pot call made my Gary Taylor.

J Hook Max

Bama Boy triple reed. Made in Citronelle, Al. Now my favorite call in the woods is a cackle and not just at daylight.

guesswho

Whatever particular call the turkey at hand is liking.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Gooserbat

Gooserbat Hillbilly, but I'm bias.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Rio Fan

Quote from: guesswho on February 24, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

I agree. As far as the calls that I own, if I had to pick a favorite though, it'd be the David Halloran Crystal Mistress.

davisd9

Usually my south land slate is in my hands more than any other but I trust all of my calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bamagtrdude

A Billy White slate & a Woodhaven Red Wasp.  Magnum Strutter box if nothing's gobbled by 7am.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

wvlimbhanger

I do not go into the turkey woods without a Woodhaven Copperhead in my mouth.

TnTurk

I like all my calls, but the one that will run just about by itself is my Roberts brothers glass over slate with a bloodwood striker.

tomstopper

Quote from: guesswho on February 24, 2014, 02:39:22 PM
^^^^This. I do like to use my old Quakerboy glass over slate call whenever possible b/c it's the call used to get my first gobbler and a lot of others as well.

Ruger M77

I have a glass call made By Bettis Game calls that I love it seems it will make em gobble when nothing else will
I eat therefore I hunt

hs strut

for long distance calling i have a box call that i had for me by a man named c.dies he owns 3 track calls my favorite slate is a tramp stamp glass my favorite mouth call would be the hs strut batwing
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.