Your go to call?

Started by AlabamaLongbeards, February 24, 2014, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Hooks enforcer

Lights Out aluminum and yellow heart

Matt81302

Quote from: Drthorn on February 27, 2014, 01:36:24 PM
I don't really have a go to...usually will hit a mouth call 85% of the time. I think I'm gonna really like my cane creek pro custom slate this year though

Same here. I carry several different calls. So I just use whatever they are responding to, usually ends up being a mouth call. I also bought a cane creek pro custom slate a few weeks ago and can't wait to get it in the turkey woods. I am very impressed with it so far.

zeke632

Mine changes every year.  Last year it was a Halloran Crystal Mistress. Mouth calls are so inconsistent, especially year to year, that I've got to go through the ones from the last season & buy several new each year and find a favorite.
I've got an old scratch box that was my go to for several years, its lost it mojo now though.

chipper

Supreme Siren or Supreme Cocobola Strutbuster

tnturkey

first is a woodhaven legend slate.

2nd isn't that old but I am falling in love with it. and its a jimmy Shaffer with oak ridge game calls and its a though call. and it is sweet.

I can do it all on both of these and they always sound great no matter what so that's why im going with these two.

cahaba

Fatal Attraxion slate or glass pot call with a dymondwood striker.

hootn

stick to rake, the leaves like a hen is scratching.