turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 choke

Started by Bama turkey hunter, February 10, 2014, 08:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FloppinTom

Go early, stay late, be patient and sit still.

Bama turkey hunter

:drool: 462 in the 10 at 40 , TSS don't play
Tony

tomatohead

let me ask .. i also shoot a moss. 835 and still use stock choke. so the question is how big a different's has the after market chokes made. not that i'm bashing the chokes but i have killed many turkeys with stock choke and wonder if it's worth the money

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

allaboutshooting

Quote from: tomatohead on February 12, 2014, 04:26:16 PM
let me ask .. i also shoot a moss. 835 and still use stock choke. so the question is how big a different's has the after market chokes made. not that i'm bashing the chokes but i have killed many turkeys with stock choke and wonder if it's worth the money

Most shooters see a pretty dramatic improvement but having said that, if your combination is working well for you, there may be no reason whatsoever to make a change.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Bama turkey hunter on February 12, 2014, 02:04:56 PM
:drool: 462 in the 10 at 40 , TSS don't play

Another reason why I said the Star Dot chokes are the real deal. 

Tom,

That's bad to the bone. 

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

ILIKEHEVI-13

Now I haven't shot one of the new Colonial Arms Star Dot .676 xtra full turkey chokes.  But I was told by the owner, Betty McDonald on the phone about 2 yrs ago or so that the xtra full chokes they are making now are about identical for internal dimensions as the original Star Dot chokes they made for Highlander Sports.  Myles on here has one and he said it looks to be about identical from the inside as his original Star Dot choke.  I think he told me it mics at .676 at the end.  He said he has yet to shoot it since he now shoots a 20GA mostly. 

But I would say Betty will stand behind that choke if your not happy and offer you a refund. 

NC Strutter

First off want to say hello to everyone first post here and say thanks in advance for the help I know will receive here. I would like to know how the new Colonial Arms 835 Mossberg chokes stack up to the original Star Dot tubes.

Bama turkey hunter

I would also like to know
Tony

stinkpickle

Quote from: allaboutshooting on February 12, 2014, 06:30:23 PM
Quote from: tomatohead on February 12, 2014, 04:26:16 PM

Most shooters see a pretty dramatic improvement but having said that, if your combination is working well for you, there may be no reason whatsoever to make a change.

Thanks,
Clark

Exactly.  That's the nice thing about the 835.  Finding a good shell to go with the stock choke isn't too difficult.

tomatohead

again i'm not bashing aftermarket chokes and if shooting is your thing than yeah i see messing around and maybe getting better pattern for longer shots but worry now ppl shooting and wounding birds. so with that said if your pattern says at 40 yrds you can kill a turkey then maybe time better spent is practicing calling and better setups.

pseshooter300

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 11, 2014, 08:52:54 PM
Colonial Arms

1-800-949-8088

Here's the one you want for Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #7 loads. 

Ex Full-Mossberg 835 12-MOTPX $ 54.95
Will this also fit a 935? I might call them I got a older mossberg 835 I have had for probably 15 years with a longer barrel it needs a choke would like go try one of these.
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

ILIKEHEVI-13

Yes the 835 and 935 chokes are interchangeable.