turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 choke

Started by Bama turkey hunter, February 10, 2014, 08:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

I get an excellent pattern from my SSX .670, and Hevi-13 3-2-7's.
Now, I will tell you, it won't put up monster numbers, but I get around 200 evenly spaced pellets in a 10" cirlcle and I know for a fact that that will wreck a birds day!

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: chatterbox on February 16, 2014, 08:08:48 AM
Now, I will tell you, it won't put up monster numbers, but I get around 200 evenly spaced pellets in a 10" cirlcle and I know for a fact that that will wreck a birds day!

Same combo and my 835's will break 280's all day long with literally every Hevi Shot load I feed them except the 5's and even they'll do 200.  Weird...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Bama turkey hunter

Is the new star dot chokes the same as the old ones
Tony

chatterbox

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on February 16, 2014, 03:18:50 PM
Quote from: chatterbox on February 16, 2014, 08:08:48 AM

Same combo and my 835's will break 280's all day long with literally every Hevi Shot load I feed them except the 5's and even they'll do 200.  Weird...
Joe,
Do you have a 20" barrel, and is it polished? I have always had a hard time getting big numbers out of my 835.
I found it weird myself. I think I am gonna get myself a tape measure and get exactly 120 feet and see what the true numbers are. I have an older range finder, and maybe it is off, I don't know.

mightyjoeyoung

I have always run 24" pipes on all my turkey 835s.  I also polish and deep clean every bbl before I even put a round through it.  I have prob 6 boxes of the hevi 5s and I use them more for really thick cover yote and fox loads any more but they'll straight up destroy a turkey!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

chatterbox

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on February 21, 2014, 10:43:03 AM
I have always run 24" pipes on all my turkey 835s.  I also polish and deep clean every bbl before I even put a round through it.  I have prob 6 boxes of the hevi 5s and I use them more for really thick cover yote and fox loads any more but they'll straight up destroy a turkey!
I do the deep clean, but not the polish, and mine is a 20" barrel. I do find them tougher to get huge numbers from. Still throws a mean pattern, and who knows the next shell I send down range just might bust 200+!