turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

best mounting option for a fastfire III on a Benelli SBE II

Started by valimbhanger, June 08, 2013, 07:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

Ahhh...Just dawned on me, Limbhanger, picatinny protector...How thick is that? I likely won't be using one of them...

valimbhanger

sixbird, the cheek pad goes in from the back of the stock. You have to remove stock to get a piece of webbing off. Then you can snap out the old cheek pad and put the new one in. It was pretty simple.
On the picatinny protector mount thickness. It looks to be 1/8"-3/16". Maybe just a bit thicker than the picatinny mount you would need to use anyway to mount the FF III to the Warne base.

sixbird

Thanks Limbhanger...I'm guessing you used the mid height cheek piece(as opposed to the high one)?

valimbhanger

Quote from: sixbird on July 27, 2013, 12:52:36 PM
Thanks Limbhanger...I'm guessing you used the mid height cheek piece(as opposed to the high one)?

Yes, it was the middle one of the three sizes and they Benelli lists it as the "raised" pad. I actually had to wait over a month to order it. They listed them as "out of stock", so I clicked on the box that said they would notify me when in stock and about a month later they sent me an email saying they were in. It looked like they don't keep them in stock very often. I ordered one as soon as they sent me an email and they only showed two in stock then.

sixbird

Thanks man...I saw a site that listed them but I should resolve the drilling and tapping before I go further into this...

sixbird

sixbird

Perfect! Thanks Raps.! Is that measured from the front same as pic. that Limbhanger posted?

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: sixbird on July 30, 2013, 07:36:00 PM
Perfect! Thanks Raps.! Is that measured from the front same as pic. that Limbhanger posted?

Yes, measured in the front.  This is the distance between the bottom of the FF3 and the top of the receiver when mounted with the 336.

sixbird

Beautiful Raps. That gives me all the info. I need...Thanks again!

sixbird

O.k....So, SBE II back at Roberts and after almost three and a half months, looks like everything is resolved and it will be on it's way to me in the next few days...Although it's taken W-A-A-A-Y too long, I have to give the Roberts crew props on this one. They went much farther than I would have hoped or expected. They acted as intermediary between me and Benelli and facilitated a new receiver on the barrel that I had. The new receiver is drilled and tapped and camoed in same pattern as original.They refused an offer of a token payment for their trouble, saying that that's how they do business and their customer service and reputation are why they do what they do. I'd recommend them without reservation.
As for Benelli,well, let me preface this by saying that I'm grateful to them for replacing the receiver. My view is, they weren't obligated to do that. They sold me the gun without any intention of mounting optics, so what they did was generous...
That being said, the amount of time it took to accomplish the unscrewing of one receiver and screwing on of another one and recamoing the assembly was, well, I'll be kind...lengthy...
The assembly was at the outfit that Benelli uses to dip the new camo for about one month. If not for Rob cajoling them, I don't know how long it would have been...
So, Benelli, one thumbs up for accommodating me...One thumbs down for timeliness...
In retrospect, all is well that ends well...Thanks Rob and thanks Benelli...
Now on to sighting in and checking patterns!

sixbird

O.k....Got the Benelli back from Roberts Gun Works and they did an excellent job. Trigger is smooth, forcing cone looks good and the camo, although it isn't the exact pattern (don't make that pattern any more apparently), I'd have to tell you that it's different...All in all, props for Roberts!