OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

will gas prices effect your turkey season

Started by pseshooter300, February 23, 2012, 03:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basin_hunter

One of my spots on public land is right at a 100 mile drive one way. I have a couple more spots between 35-75 miles. Think I will be hunting the closer ones more this year. I wont be making a 900 mile trip up to Kansas this year. But I will still hunt and hunt hard at that !   :turkey2:
In fall we rut, in spring we strut

Cove

flintlock

Yep, I will cuss all the way there and all the way back.    :funnyturkey:
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Ol'Mossy

Absolutely NOT, i'll go broke if I have to  ;D

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

acsoa12

My turkey season is only one moth long and once a year.......so no, I WILL NOT let the price of gas stop me from hunting!!

hootn

in a way it is but i had planned on doing what i a anyhow, before prices started up.
it is hour an half drive to the forest where i hunt. i am going to camp a bunch in the forest, .spend 3 to 4 days there then come home for a few and then do it again. where i am planning on camping is not far from where i hunt.
in olk we might stay in a tent for a week.

scott

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

remmy1187

Yeah turkey season is gonna cost more.  I will just have to cut back some where else. ;D

joshb311

Quote from: flintlock on February 23, 2012, 04:35:12 PM
Yep, I will cuss all the way there and all the way back.    :funnyturkey:

I'll be doing the same I'm sure... except I'll be grinning on the way home if I got a tom in the bed of my truck.  :happy0064:

Eric Gregg

I will have to travel 65 miles one way to go to my spot, but no way will it stop me from getting out there :smiley-char092:

NCDEADEYE

Yes it will definately effect :OGturkeyhead: me. Trying to figure out what i will have to cut back on. Guess my wife will have cook more and eat at home.lol

cannonball

I'm still going to hunt. I will cut back on other things if necessary.

Passintime

I guess I'm because I hunt 10 minutes from my house.

Crappiepro

I think I'll be OK, I guess. The 5 farms I hunt are less than 20 minutes from my house. If it gets too bad, I'll ride the quad.